do any of you practice your screams to songs? How do you do it without like bothering the neighbors?
I do it in the shower.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Don't bother with the Zen of Screaming, especially the first one. The first one is just an advertisement for Melissa Cross. She's a great vocal coach, but the video offers little to nothing.

While practicing screaming, I highly suggest you use some sort of vocal amplification. Scream along with your favorite songs. If you're screaming along without amplification, chances are you won't be able to hear yourself, just what you think you sound like. Also, it allows you to not strain as much to reach volume.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
I actually have the zen of screaming CD which i practice to. Google it it's good.

Yeah I have that too, it really helped me a lot with my singing and screaming.

and did anyone happen to pick up the second one? is it any good?
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
i live in the boonies

all i have to worry about is parents.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I live in the woods so that's never a problem for me. My parents seem acoustomed to it by now. I suppose you could sound proof your room if you're really nervous about your neighbors hearing you.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by PhillyC
Don't bother with the Zen of Screaming, especially the first one. The first one is just an advertisement for Melissa Cross. She's a great vocal coach, but the video offers little to nothing.

While practicing screaming, I highly suggest you use some sort of vocal amplification. Scream along with your favorite songs. If you're screaming along without amplification, chances are you won't be able to hear yourself, just what you think you sound like. Also, it allows you to not strain as much to reach volume.

thanks man.
yeah i put a micropone into my guitar amp which i hope is ok lol and ive been donig that.
I can't do exhales of any sort. Growls, screams, nothing.

But I've always been able to do inhales. I can do this aweosme pteradactyl scream. Kinda sounds like a Black Metal scream.

But, no matter how hard I try, I can't do exhales. I only REALLY want to growl, like an Åkerfeldt growl, hell, even a Vehemence growl.

But it never works. I do everything I need to, from lip position, to sitting upright and whatnot. Nothing.

So, even thoughI don't do vocals, I stick to my screeches and ****. Inhales ftw.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i wish i could scream.... ive tried so hard... im a good singer, but i want to scream!
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
I think if I could scream like anyone, I would be a backup screamer.

http://myspace.com/vehemence

Listen to "She Never Noticed Me".

Now, I wish I could growl like the main vocalist, and Mikael Åkerfeldt, but the backup screamer in Vehemennce is great too.

He adds a certain aspect the song that would make the song feel lacking without it. It's very cool.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
I think if I could scream like anyone, I would be a backup screamer.

http://myspace.com/vehemence

Listen to "She Never Noticed Me".

Now, I wish I could growl like the main vocalist, and Mikael Åkerfeldt, but the backup screamer in Vehemennce is great too.

He adds a certain aspect the song that would make the song feel lacking without it. It's very cool.

Åkerfelt growls are what dreams and orgasms are made of
And his screams aren't bad either.

I mean, look at "The Leper Affinity" *Stares at screen name.*

But, seriously. That's one badass scream. Only an Åkerfeldt could pull that off.

Saxo-Walrus

You don't have to make them THAT loud.....I do it along with loud music that isn't loud enough to carry too far.....practice screaming in tune also....I know, almost contradictory..
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by PhillyC

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I was just getting to torrent.
uhhhh, yea
Quote by flambe chicken
why practice screaming... do you expect to be raped or something?

screams are becoming more important. singing is important as well, but nowadays screaming is just another weapon in the holster of a singer.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
I always practice whilst driving in my car on country roads haha.
There is poetry in despair.