When I got my bass about a month ago, there seemed to be very little fret buzz. Mainly on the fifth fret of the E string. However as I started playing I began to notice it more and more.

Now it seems like every fret has a slight amount of buzz to it. I'm not sure if I'm noticing it all at once or if the problem has gotten worse over time.

So I'm thinking about taking my bass to a local music store to get the action adjusted... about how much would that cost usually? And since the fret buzz seems to have gotten worse, is that bad? If I have the action adjusted or shave the frets down or whatever, will the problem arise again?
An action adjustment should be free. It is where I am anyway. If you have it adjusted the problem will arise again. It will arise every time the temperature changes a fraction of a degree. It won't change as much as you notice now but there will be a slight adjustment to your neck when the temperature changes. But that's neither here nor there, the point is that when you get it adjusted you should be good for a while.
Alright. Lately I haven't been storing my bass in a gig bag, and I think that might be why. Plus the weather here has kind of been all over recently.
My bass had a bad fret buzz about a month after I got it and I went out on a limb and adjusted the truss rod.....I raised my action to clean up my playing also....You should be able to raise yours yourself...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
No, go to a store for your first truss rod adjustment and ask them to let you watch. Adjusting the truss rod is really dangerous if you don't do it right.
+1

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
An action adjustment should be free. It is where I am anyway. If you have it adjusted the problem will arise again. It will arise every time the temperature changes a fraction of a degree. It won't change as much as you notice now but there will be a slight adjustment to your neck when the temperature changes. But that's neither here nor there, the point is that when you get it adjusted you should be good for a while.
Action adjustments are free?! Damn! Your lucky! Oy, and to the TS, awhile means a LONG AWHILE . Oy, and if you've been playing a couple of hours a day then it might be a good idea to change your strings as well.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Last edited by AboveTheBridge at Jun 28, 2007,
Alright, I play for around 1-5 hours day, usually around 3 or 4. Will most stores change the strings for me if they're going to adjust the action?
How long have you owned this bass? If you just bought it, you should take it in for an adjustment! It's about 80$ + strings! Check around and see who knows there stuff. Adjusting is like an art form! An Adjustment is also like an Oil Change....it should be done about 2x a year.
Imagine the neck of your guitar like a backyard patio. If you've just installed the patio you want to seal that bitch so it doesn't warp, and get ruined. Same thing with your guitar! Adjustments on the truss rod are vital to the longevity of your axe!
It will include everything from making sure your pickups get the right frequency response, to adjusting your ROD...Yeah baby, action, and possibly filing some frets-(That might cost more).
I've had the bass since early May... I had no idea it'd cost $80. I thought it'd be a little less... I guess this is going to wait until next week, when I actually get paid.