Page 1 of 2
Went to see these guys today because I'm on vacation with my little sister's (18 and under) softball team. Did't cost me any money. Anyway, they "played" for about an hour and fifteen to an hour and a half. You might have noticed that I put "played" in quotations. One of the guitarists was unplugged, the bassist/singer was unplugged and no, neither had wireless sets. Furthermore, I don't think the drummer was playing either because, for one example, when he was drumming, cymbal sounds were coming out of the PA system. The catch is that the cymbals weren't even shaking to indicate that they had been hit!

I won't lump all these other pop punk bands into the same category, even though I pretty much hate them all. Is this common for this genre? Has AAR done this on other occasions?

P.S.

Along with Hinder, these guys are ruining Oklahoma's reputation! lol (Only semi-serious)
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I've seen them live before, and to be honest the frontman cannot sing and play bass at the same time well when performing. His voice sounded a bit bad live too.
i saw them at warped tour 5? years ago and i really like them. that was when i was just getting into rock and punk, and they were one of the first bands that i really got into. i still really like thier first cd but move along really dissappointed me
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I really doubt that's common. I can't imagine that happening at a regular show...
I was them on the Hawthorne Heights/Fall Out Boy tour last year, and they had one hell of a show, very decent live performance for a pop-punk band.

As for their music, they early stuff was not bad, like Swing Swing and a couple other non-singles from the first CD. The new CD, however, sucked in my opinion.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
their only good song is move along, the first c.d. sux i think
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
^ Move Along is hardly any different from any of their other material.

Stab My Back is another good song from them.
a girl at my school's uncle is their guitarist... she was in one of my classes, and she said its true, so i just took her word for it
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by Guitarist132
"Is it common for this genre" ....

no

Hehe, no, not at all.
There is poetry in despair.
bringing this thread back so I can talk about AAR.......

i was listening to their self-titled yesterday and I was just amazed at how good it was. I never noticed how much I just wanna rock out to their songs.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I don't personally enjoy this band. And you can't escape Move Along... It's on a ****ing Ford commercial.
they were drunk at the VMAs last year and accepted an award te-he

Move Along sucked. their first cd was mediocre.

sigh, IMO. damn rules.
they're always drunk

AAR are terrible. Well, so is pop-punk in general, but every time (literally 100%) I have seen them on TV live they are miming.
Quote by Ibanez_Tom
AAR are terrible. Well, so is pop-punk in general, but every time (literally 100%) I have seen them on TV live they are miming.
Go back to your metal

Thier self titled is one of those cds that I put on to bring back memories from my music 5 years ago.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I kinda switch daily between loving and hating AAR...right now it's loving, so maybe I'll go buy their album...and then throw it out the window when I get out of that mood.
im personally awaiting their new album.
hopefully fall 08
Gaslight
Quote by element4433
Go back to your metal

Thier self titled is one of those cds that I put on to bring back memories from my music 5 years ago.

yeah, it seems like every band's first album is always amazing memories. to me at least.

I really dislike this band. They suck live, new album sucked, way overplayed, if I were to guess their old album sucks (swing swing sucks), and as 77 said, they're always drunk.

Wow, that was a very negative post lol .
depends what you classify as suck. debut was very catchy and a pretty fun listen.

Nah...

I think AAR is cool....
they 'move along' album includes 3 great singles....
And i lovin' them enough....
You'll gonna me miss me when i'm gone....
Quote by element4433

Worrrrrrrd. All the original post succeeded in doing was making me put the self-titled CD on.

Yay nostalgia!

Aside from that, Move Along was pretty bad, I bought it, but I don't think I've listened to it for about a year. At least.

I can't comment on their live performances, because...well...I've never seen one...
Quote by element4433

i was too busy listening to Elva

but out of everything i heard it seems like a good disc
anyone else like dance inside? it's actually one of those songs that no matter what songs may be my favorite at certain times, I always go back to loving it. Idk...

Quote by IcePh0enix
I really dislike this band. They suck live, new album sucked, way overplayed, if I were to guess their old album sucks (swing swing sucks), and as 77 said, they're always drunk.

Wow, that was a very negative post lol .

+100
Its like a colour mismatch
i remember swing swing was on mvp baseball 2003 and it was good, i really liked it
and move along was okay
but it ends tonight
ended it
i cant stand that song or video
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
I actually hate that song too. Don't judge them based on that. They have some really good songs.

Move along and Dirty Little secret is cool....

And It ends tonight wasn't too bad I said....
But actually that song is not worth to called PUNK....
I will say POP....
You'll gonna me miss me when i'm gone....
whoever called it ends tonight punk?

ive seen them twice and the first time the everything was crap but they really got the crowd into it and ended up putting on a good show and the 2nd time i saw them everything about them was great.
bumping to let you guys know that the new single sucks way more than I would have ever expected. It almost sounds like an Avril/HM song. :/

it's streaming on their website (you have to sign up first though) through today if you wanna hear.

I was expecting bad, but not this bad. it sounds like an avril song. I'm quite disappointed.

Page 1 of 2