I was wondering, do the chords from the scale that the mode's notes come from also work for that mode?

Like, would B locrian be:

B dim, C major, D minor, E minor, F major, G major, A minor

???
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I was wondering, do the chords from the scale that the mode's notes come from also work for that mode?

Like, would B locrian be:

B dim, C major, D minor, E minor, F major, G major, A minor

???

Yes..

C Major has C Major D Minor E Minor F Major G Major A Minor and B Diminished.

In the B Locrian mode the chords are the same but in a different order as you have correctly written.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Well, yeah. As I understand it, it's just the same.

C Ionian is just the same. Except the C major chord is the tonic, and the B diminished becomes the leading tone.
yes.. just quick question. are you actually considering using b locrian mode?

Because that would sound.. painful.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
^^^^ lol no, it was just easiest for my to put down off the top of my head, I was gonna try to do something in E locrian.

And thanks for answering, it made snse to me that way, but i didn't know if there were some weird rules for modes and chords I didn't know about.
Quote by Discouraged
Not if he uses it correctly?

Are you serious? Locrian is the most useless mode. Having a dimished chord as your tonal center and having a pull toward the second interval is simply bad sounding. it is fact. It is actually never used unless it is used only so that you can say, "I used the Locrian mode." it pulls every single natural interval a half step lower (1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b6 b7). it simply creates chaos (and not in a good way).
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by thrash64
Are you serious? Locrian is the most useless mode. Having a dimished chord as your tonal center and having a pull toward the second interval is simply bad sounding. it is fact. It is actually never used unless it is used only so that you can say, "I used the Locrian mode." it pulls every single natural interval a half step lower (1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b6 b7). it simply creates chaos (and not in a good way).

I like the sound of it

>_>
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by thrash64

See? Guitardude19 likes it. o_o
Horrible to some, I guess.
One man's locrian is another man's mixolydian <_<
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Quote by thrash64

The fourth isn't flatted. And it's not useless