Page 1 of 2
do you ever get a complete mind blank and completly forget how to spell a really simple word?
it just took me about ten minutes to figure out how to spell 'loud' and it still doesnt look right to me! the other day i couldnt figure out how to spell 'for' does this ever happen to anyone else? or am i just weird lol
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
Yes yes all the friggin time.

I dont get why, its not like im old.

I just forget how to spell stuff like HORSE..its crazy.
Yeah, it happens here to. I'm trying to think of an example though. One time I forgot how to spell 'phone'. :|
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
yeah i had a massive one during my exams i couldnt spell "what"
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
I got it in my English exam last year. I forgot how to spell said. I kept writing Sed....
Hah, yeah, it happens to me all the time.
One time I forgot how to spell very, i spent five minutes changing it to vary, then to varie, then to verie and then back to very, repeating the cycle. D:

On another note, does anyone also just randomly forget what they're saying in the middle of a conversation? xD
I forgot how to spell 'did'. It's dead annoying.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
In a maths exam once I was panicing because I didn't know what the square root of one was yeah that was pretty bad. Or in German speaking exams when I completely forgot what the question I was just asked meant. I never really got it with spelling though
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
The worst is when you're thinking about something and you start to feel yourself forgetting it. It literally feels like it's slipping away from you and there's nothing you can do about it, it drives me INSANE.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
It only happens to me with the word "liar". I constantly spell it "lier", and I can never figure out why the Hell it looks wrong to me.

Anyway, I know what you're talking about Yakult, I think. I have so many thoughts going on that even when I try to stay on a subject for a long time, I end up thinking of something else and getting side-tracked, it's extremely frustrating. I hate to tack it to an overused disease, but I swear it's some very mild form of ADD. Just writing this paragraph my thought process goes from, "Write paragraph, ooh what's that noise ouside? Write paragraph, I have a cool beard, what time does my phone say? Write paragraph, curses I don't have a drink, write paragraph, etc." Damned brain, I'll destroy you one day.

Did anyone ever repeat a word so many times that they started to forget what it means? Usually for me it's a one syllable word that sounds stupid in the first place (the word, not the meaning), like Please, or Soap, or Case. Stuff like that. After a while, the word sounds like it should have existed or something, as if the language makers just got lazy on those words. I dunno, I have some ****ed logic at times.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by Kylster
It only happens to me with the word "liar". I constantly spell it "lier", and I can never figure out why the Hell it looks wrong to me.

Anyway, I know what you're talking about Yakult, I think. I have so many thoughts going on that even when I try to stay on a subject for a long time, I end up thinking of something else and getting side-tracked, it's extremely frustrating. I hate to tack it to an overused disease, but I swear it's some very mild form of ADD. Just writing this paragraph my thought process goes from, "Write paragraph, ooh what's that noise ouside? Write paragraph, I have a cool beard, what time does my phone say? Write paragraph, curses I don't have a drink, write paragraph, etc." Damned brain, I'll destroy you one day.

Did anyone ever repeat a word so many times that they started to forget what it means? Usually for me it's a one syllable word that sounds stupid in the first place (the word, not the meaning), like Please, or Soap, or Case. Stuff like that. After a while, the word sounds like it should have existed or something, as if the language makers just got lazy on those words. I dunno, I have some ****ed logic at times.

^everything there = me
I don't really have them with spelling, more with speaking. I completely blank out on a really simple word, or replace it with a similar sounding one that doesn't make sense. Sometimes people have said something to me when I've been blanking out, and then I have to repeat it to understand it.

And I constantly switch syllables around. I can't tell you how much I talk about "fell sones" (cell phones).
Quote by blu_flame34

And I constantly switch syllables around. I can't tell you how much I talk about "fell sones" (cell phones).

You wouldn't believe how much I talk about Poking Smot.

on occasion the sh!t thats in my brain, doesn't send the correct signals to my mouth, and out comes hebrew mixed with swedish. it takes a few minutes to correct myself as everyone around me is laughing

i forget peoples names, even though i may have seen them a few hours ago, or that particular morning
I have it with speaking more though, Every day at least once I forget what I was going to say, or on an exam, I know it like 5 minutes before the question is asked, and when i get to that question, I just can't remember it, how hard it think about it...
Quote by beau05
on occasion the sh!t thats in my brain, doesn't send the correct signals to my mouth, and out comes hebrew mixed with swedish. it takes a few minutes to correct myself as everyone around me is laughing

Yeah, yeah yeah! Everytime I'm trying to speak French (or even English, my first language) a little Arabic comes out, no matter if I'm trying to be really conscious about it. One of my sisters speaks both so she always understands me

I remember in another thread some guy was talking about a mind blank in the middle of meeting somebody.

"So, what's your name?"
"...NAME?!"

Quote by jasamb
mind bullets?

...That can kill a yak from 200 yards away?

Quote by Yakult
The worst is when you're thinking about something and you start to feel yourself forgetting it. It literally feels like it's slipping away from you and there's nothing you can do about it, it drives me INSANE.

I HATE that! And then something completely unrelated jogs your memory
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Kylster
...That can kill a yak from 200 yards away?

that's telekenesis, Kyle!
Quote by jasamb
that's telekenesis, Kyle!

See, it works because that's my real name. I love simple plans and Tenacious D.

Quote by dean_from_hell
wonderboy what is the secret of your powers... lol

How 'bout the power...

...to move you?
Quote by jasamb
How 'bout the power...

...to move you?

How 'bout the power...

...to fuck her gently?

[/ruin]

OK! Somebody has to help me with the mind blank I got earlier tonight I still can't solve it. I'm looking for a word, I think it starts with an "I"an example of it is when something goes wrong every once and a while like lets say your tv power button work 80% of the time it' said to be I.....something. Any help would curb my frustration.
Happens to me all the time. Sometimes someone will ask me something and I'll just stand there repeating the question, the words not making any sense to me. It'll take about 30 seconds or so before they start to mean something.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Kylster
I have a theory:

If operating a motor vehicle is to drive,
and the person doing that is a driver,

then

If telling an untruth is to lie
wouldn't the person doing that be a lier?

Maybe that's why you have difficulty with liar?
Quote by Scooch
OK! Somebody has to help me with the mind blank I got earlier tonight I still can't solve it. I'm looking for a word, I think it starts with an "I"an example of it is when something goes wrong every once and a while like lets say your tv power button work 80% of the time it' said to be I.....something. Any help would curb my frustration.
Intermittent?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jun 28, 2007,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Intermittent?

I LOVE YOU!... In a completely homosexual way......
i'm worse with dates. constantly write 06/28/06 or sometimes even 05. people ask my age and i sometimes say a year or two younger.

i also routinely speak in Bushisms and stumble over pronounciation
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

I know what you mean
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I once forgot how to say the word 'flour' and what it meant. I spent about 10 minutes saying 'flo-ur'.

I forgot my phone number once aswell. My friends found it quite amusing.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Incompetent?

Yeah, I've had this happen to me before. Especially at awkward times like how I was in the bathroom pitching a loaf and for some reason I happened to be staring at the toilet paper. Well...after a few moments of staring...I started saying toilet and I ended up saying it wrong and now I have a hard time saying toilet. I say "Toolet".

God damned brain...one of these days I'll ruin you...
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
lol my friend is ALWAYS forgetting her number she always tells people mine accidently because the first 3 digits are the same lol
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
Quote by Scooch
I LOVE YOU!... In a completely homosexual way......
If you're saying that because of my avatar, It wouldn't be true. I'm a dude.

If you already knew I'm male, thanks for the compliment.
I can't love you that way, but we'll always have intermittent.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 2