Some friends and I are starting to plan a picnic later this summer. We haven't decided when, and two of the possible locations have pavilions we can use. Neither of them have electricity, so we'll be bringing acoustics. No worries.

There are some charcoal grills we can use, but since I'm the one responsible for organizing the food this time, I don't want to get stuck grilling all day. There will probably be a total of 50~60 people. I don't have to bring all the food myself, I just have to organize who brings what, so everybody doesn't bring the same thing. I need to put together a "wish-list".

I'd like to hear your ideas for food that will be easy to do, but be tasty.
Things that need to be heated, like a pot of baked beans will be okay,
...as long as it is something that doesn't requires much attention, like grilling will.

EDIT:
NO BURGERS! I don't want to be stuck at a grill.

Good ideas submitted:
watermelon
Oreos
tortillas/fajitas
sangria-style drink in a big bowl of strawberries and peaches.
apple and cheese on a stick
Devilled Eggs!
tacos

/EDIT

Also any ideas on drinks we can mix, both alcoholic and non.

WARNING: If you wanna crack-wise and say something like "shit sandwiches", there MUST be a real idea in your post too.
I don't mind the humor, but you if don't contribute a valid idea,
I WILL REPORT THE VIOLATORS.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jun 28, 2007,
Food

Edit:I only read the title......now ive read it and am scared at the risk of a ban how about.......oh man i have no idea.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Chicken, everybody likes a chicken mayo sandwich. Bring some tomatoes and you can grill them, they taste like heaven.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
Food

Edit:I only read the title......now ive read it and am scared at the risk of a ban how about.......oh man i have no idea.
I'm not heartless!
Take a few minutes, and come up with an idea and edit it in. ..or just delete your post.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411

This is about the most awful thread ever.

Get some burgers, disposable barbeques and make people bring crisps and such.

It's not rocket science, nor does it need a masterplan.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
A lot of bread.. breakes make you feal full but actually your not full at all.
meat, cheese, and other things to put on the bread (some salads)
Don't forget enough drinks

and have fun

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Burgers, Sausages, Steaks, Chicken, Fish, Potatoes, Salad, Bread, Crisps, Dips, Beer and what not
GAH! 50 - 60 people! *cringes*

The only thing that comes to mind is to get some sausages and stick them in some buns.

The kids will love it.

I will love it.
Oreos. Im dead sereous (sp?) Whenever i go to a picnic and theres Oreos those are usually the first to go. So it would probably be a good idea to bring a few boxes.
Food-wise, you could make tortillas/fajitas. Most people like them, and a selection of sauces to go with them would go down a storm. Really easy to cook too, just buy the fajita mix from you local supermarket, cook some turkey or chicken cut up into chunks, and add the sauce. Doesn't take very long either, and easy to make large quantities of.

For drinks, when I was in Germany last time my host family put a sangria-style drink in a big bowl of strawberries and peaches. Then it was left overnight in the fridge. After a while the fruit had soaked up some of the alcohol and we ate it over the next few days. It was like a cross between an alcoholic drink and a dessert but really tasted great.
Waffles. Everybody loves waffles.

And nobody will take this thread seriously, as it's not exactly enthralling, and pretty obvious;

I.E. Sandwiches, nuts, fruit, chocolate. Pretty much snack foods. Aswell as a few burgers, etc. And if you're using 'instant' charcoal grills, it wouldn't take long at all.

Think like, a crappy wedding reception, with someone randomly invited with a truck full of meat goods.

On an added note, apple and cheese on a stick is amazing. I love those little things. Proceed, and acquire them. o_o

Nobody should bother planning these things. They always end up the same, anyway. =|
Quote by TheGoldenGod
this thread keeps rearing its ugly head. die pube thread, die!
Make some damned Devilled Eggs!! No really, those are the best, I don't know why, or how, they just are. And before you ask, no, I never had to spell "Devilled" before, I don't plan on fixing it if it's wrong.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
**** sandwich
Morgenstern ach scheine
auf das Antlitz mein
Wirf ein warmes Licht
auf mein Ungesicht
Sag mir ich bin nicht alleine
Quote by timi_hendrix

This is about the most awful thread ever.

Get some burgers, disposable barbeques and make people bring crisps and such.

It's not rocket science, nor does it need a masterplan.
Read the thread start!

If you don't have useful to say STAY OUT!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by dirtdude661
Oreos. Im dead sereous (sp?) Whenever i go to a picnic and theres Oreos those are usually the first to go. So it would probably be a good idea to bring a few boxes.

It's serious, and thanks, I think that's a good idea.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
tacos? they are easy and people like to make it themselves

EDIT: well I like to make it myself anyways
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS