i adjusted my truss rod to ease up the action goin on in my neck, until the action was smooth and everything was good and right(i play a Yamaha AES 420, with a glued on neck........)

i had about 12 gauge strings, which by the way were the culprit for warping the neck.

so that day my teacher gave me 11 gauge strings,and i put em on and the notes wont even sound when i fret them! because the neck is so close to the strings it mutes them unless its an open note(really buzzy though!).

what i think happened here was that the 12 gauge put alot of stress on the neck so when it was adjusted to where i wanted, once the stress was gone after i took off the strings the neck straightened out a little too much maybe getting upbowish

So now do i take it to the shop, or do i do something with the truss rod?
people remember you the most for the things you did drunk

Originally posted by
Sometimes, I look at my penis, and it just blows my mind!
Last edited by RockNRollGuy420 at Jun 28, 2007,
just raise the action?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
from what i hear take it to the shop or a knowlegable friend
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
i wanna turn the truss rod the other way(you know counter-clockwise) to raise the action, but i dont know if thatll help or if it works that way

Originally posted by
^^right...
you have probably tightened your truss rod before to match the tension of 12's. now that you've put 11's, there's less tension on the neck so it's got a back bow i guess. just realease your truss rod a bit until the neck is straight or with a little relief.
turn in small amounts (1/8 or 1/4 of a turn) and after each turn leave the neck to settle for at least 30 minutes to see actual results...
EDIT: next time you want to adjust action, you should adjust at the bridge first, and then if you need more fine adjusting, then use the truss rod.
EDIT2: and don't push anything too much, you don't want to screw up your neck...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jun 28, 2007,
Quote by 666_Belial
^^right...
you have probably tightened your truss rod before to match the tension of 12's. now that you've put 11's, there's less tension on the neck so it's got a back bow i guess. just realease your truss rod a bit until the neck is straight or with a little relief.
turn in small amounts (1/8 or 1/4 of a turn) and after each turn leave the neck to settle for at least 30 minutes to see actual results...

Thanks ill try that

Originally posted by