Well i've tried working on an intro to the very first song i'm writing. I wrote thi using the F Melodic Scale. How does it look? Good, or all ****ed up?

|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------2-2---3-------|
|------1---1\3----1-1-3-0-----3---1-------1---1\3-------------------|
|--0-0---0------0---------0-0---0-----0-0---0------0-0------------0-|
Last edited by DeathBySpoon at Jun 28, 2007,
How fast is it played? And with distortion? I'm not sure what to make of it, the ringing E seems to sound weird, but that's probably because of the speed I'm playing it. And.. also, standard tuning?
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Ahh! Drop D. Thanks.

I tried playing it at about that speed, sounds much better than in standard :P. Maybe at the end instead of the open D again, play a C on the A string:

D|-2-2-3---|
A|-------3-|
D|---------|

Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by DeathBySpoon
Played in Drop D, speed is at about 120 bpm. Haven't decided whether or not to use distortion.

yea, specify next time, not everybody keeps their guitars in Drop-D....it's called "standard" tuning for a reason, lol. I tried playing it with my guitar in standard, sounded like ****.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
yea, specify next time, not everybody keeps their guitars in Drop-D....it's called "standard" tuning for a reason, lol. I tried playing it with my guitar in standard, sounded like ****.

Yeah i didn't think about doing that. Oh well i'll rememeber next time.
i keep my guitar in drop c and it sounded pretty bad. It may just be yours is suppose to be in drop d. Is it suppose to have distortion?