I've been tooling around with my older guitar, and it turns out I like the feel of my Ibanez GSA60 over my Ibanez S470

I'm looking for a guitar that's HSS or HSH that will get me low, smooth action without any buzz. Something that will play hard rock, metal, blues, classic rock.

Budget is probably $750 give or take a little. If it's HSS im going to put a hotrail in the neck (a la Dave Murray of Iron Maiden).
I'd say to go with Fender. I think that at least one of their guitarists did use a Stratocaster, but I'm pretty sure they modified it. And it being a Strat, you know it'll be good for blues, and classic rock, but with a little modification it'll do anything.

EDIT: I mean Iron Maiden's Dave Murray, I'm not sure if anybody else used a Strat...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Jun 28, 2007,
They all have used strats.

Im weary about a HSS strat. Would a SSS strat with a mini JB or hotrail in the bridge do well?

I'm not heavily into metal, just something that'll do a decent job. I also have a hi-gain amp, if that helps.
didnt you order an RG550 reissue?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
didnt you order an RG550 reissue?

No I ended up getting my Peavey amp instead.
I think I like the feel of my GSA because of the smaller frets. I believe it has medium, while the S470 has jumbo.
Hmm, maybe try a Fender 50's MIM Strat and see how you find it, they have the big radius and small frets? A hotrail could work in the bridge if you wanted a HSS setup.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Hmm, maybe try a Fender 50's MIM Strat and see how you find it, they have the big radius and small frets? A hotrail could work in the bridge if you wanted a HSS setup.
Where can I find a 50's MIM?
rg1570?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah, i thought you meant the 1570.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hah^

My dream strat would be either Sunburst or White with rosewood

Are there any stacked humbuckers that have nice warm clean tone?