I ordered a Crate GTX212 and it arrived at my house this morning. I just gave it a test run and found one problem. The 2 distortion channels seem to be functioning fine, however the clean channel makes the amp rattle pretty nasty when I hit my E or A strings. It's a bit annoying and I am kinda bummed it's doing it on my brand new amp. I hope it wasn't damaged during shipping. Anyone know what the problem could be?? Thanks.

EDIT: I was just checking it out some more. When I let notes ring out, I can hear a crackling sound coming from the speakers. It's like a crackling raindrop sound. Maybe that will help us figure out what the problem is. Is that the sign of a damaged speaker?
Last edited by defcab at Jun 28, 2007,
Okay so I played it for a while and I really like it. But this problem is still there. Actually its not as bad now. It only does the rattling noticeably when I hit the 3rd fred on my E string or the 5th fret in drop D. Why is it only rattling for this note??? Weird and annoying..
Try tightening the speaker enclosure up a bit.
Or play around with your EQ.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
Try tightening the speaker enclosure up a bit.
Or play around with your EQ.

I tightened everything around the speakers, and I tried every variation of EQ I could on that channel. Still the same problem. Man this sucks, I don't wanna send it away on its warranty or take it in and pay for it to be fixed.
I think you're gonna have to send it back.
I would if i were you. Its better than having a buzzy amp. Contact wherever you bought it from and see what they say. They might say 'get it fixed and we'll pay the cost'.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Well i contacted who i bought it from (americanmusical) and they already shipped me out a new one, and e-mailed me a prepaid return slip. So hopefully no probs with the new one next week. Thanks for your help man I appreciate it.
^ no worries. Enjoy your amp!
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH