1. Pickups on my current guitar (Which do you recommend for punk-rock / alternative?)

or

2. Totally new guitar (Possibly a Tele 72 Deluxe or American Series Tele)

So... stick with my guitar now and install new pickups (also means I have to tote it to the U.S. and bring it back) or just get a whole new, better guitar?

Also, reasons would be nice

Thanks!
where do u live?

i dont imagine "toting" it to the US from the likes of Aus, far away places etc, would be cheap
I think it's nice to have at least one humbucker-equipped guitar and one single coil-equipped guitar, so I'd lean towards pickuing up a tele. You'll be able to cover lots of ground between a tele and Epi LP.
I hear Ducan Invaders are good for Punk Rock.. and If you get a new guitar, I would probably say go with the Telecaster Custom
I own an American Tele and it is a fantastic guitar. I bought it new in the US for the equivalent of £540, and brought it back to the UK in the Fender case that, as with all American series guitars, it came with. Upgrading your pickups would only change the sound of your guitar, rather than the feel.
Love is not a victory march.
id go for the tele... thats only because i like the smell of a new guitar...
So if I go with the Invaders... would I buy 2 of them? One for the neck and one for the bridge? Also, with the Tele Custom, you mean the 72' Custom?
Quote by ERA
So if I go with the Invaders... would I buy 2 of them? One for the neck and one for the bridge? Also, with the Tele Custom, you mean the 72' Custom?

Yeah I meant the '72, sorry...

About getting two invaders, (Or Whatever pick-up you choose if you go that way) It'd probably be good to get two..

- The '72 custom would probably be better for heavier bands, cause it has humbuckers in it.. and American Standard teles dont seem that good. I played one and I wasn't really impressed, the neck felt really 'slow'..