Does anybody know of a pedal that i could put over my amps distortion to brighten it.
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
The most obvious thing would be an EQ pedal, and it'd work on any amp.

If you need MORE gain, then go w/ a brightly voiced OD pedal, like say, a Fulltone OCD.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
what do you mean by brightening?? if what im thinking is correct, you need a whammy pedal, it changes de tonality of the sound.
i have a peavey valveking and i hate it im convinced on selling it and getting a peavey triple x. I just want more treble and something to tighten things up.
Quote by duncang

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
Then definately an eq. I prefer the MXR 10-Band eq. I've got one. I have mine set up just like you would like yours to be. Set bass lower (I don't have it set much lower) and set treble higher (my treble gradually raises starting at the frequency 500hz.)
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Treble Booster? i dont know what you really mean, but an EQ can also do that.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
okay it would raise my treble, will it also tighten the sound up i dont want it to sound so smooth
Quote by duncang

Quote by igotabcrich32
Treble Booster? i dont know what you really mean, but an EQ can also do that.

one of those would work nicely^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Would getting new tubes in my amp get rid of that muddy sound?
Quote by duncang

Treble booster.

And new valves might make a difference...

It might just be down to your pickups though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30