Over the past 2 weeks or so, I have suddenly been writing songs which I consider to be my best work by far. I just pick up the guitar and start messing around, when suddenly I find a riff, and it all keeps flowing. Within 1-3 hours, I will have a song. One time I even wrote a 9 minute prog metal song in 5 hours. It felt more like 1 hour!

I'm not complaining about any of this, I now love my guitar more than ever, and having lots of songs written is always good. But I want to know why this has happened, as getting inspiration and being able to just write decent songs out of the blue was rare for me before, and in case I end up that way again, I want to be able to get back in the game.

For those who don't want to read all of that, why am I suddenly writing good songs when I could not before?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I don't think there's any way to explain that in the realm of music theory. Maybe you're just in the zone
if any of us really had the answer to that do you think so much sh!t would come out in a year from major record companies? no, they would only release the bada$$ sheezy, all killer and no filler. unfortunately nobody really has an answer. maybe you're more emotionally connected your music now? maybe you found an inspiration somewhere?
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Krusader187 - I like the sound of being in the zone, that'd be pretty ace.

z4twenny - True true. I just finished my GCSE's 3 weeks back and so am feeling a lot happier so this state of mind may have helped me to focus more.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I love the zone. I had one a couple of weeks ago and it was song after song after song.

Don't question it, just take advantage of it and make the most out of it.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??