Page 1 of 2
my amp is the worse thing ever, its form the 60s and in terrible condition, if you turn the volume past 4 with the bass and treble all the way down it still distorts, and feedback is unbelievable with the bass turned even the slightest past 0. anyone else got some crappy gear? id like to hear about it
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
i think i've underestimated the crappyness of your gear...

i have a fender rumble 100... its a decent combo........but for what i want it its HORRIBLE!
I'm not sure there's any point to this thread. There's no point in comparing the 'crappiness of your rig' as it will only end up being a spam fest. I'm not going to report it though, but i'll see if anyone agrees with me here.
signature
Quote by bassman10101
its form the 60s and in terrible condition, if you turn the volume past 4 with the bass and treble all the way down it still distorts, and feedback is unbelievable with the bass turned even the slightest past 0.

From the '60s? Feedback? Distortion? Sounds great fun to me!

I'm totally happy with my gear. I'm not looking to upgrade from my 400W Ashdown or my Ibanez ATK400 for a long while. I'm in the market for effects and extra sounds now though. I want an Electro-Harmonix Flanger Hoax and English Muff'n, and possibly a small tube combo to run in stereo with some nasty distortion from that and clean out of my Ashdown.

Edit:
Quote by Bullet-Rule
I'm not sure there's any point to this thread. There's no point in comparing the 'crappiness of your rig' as it will only end up being a spam fest. I'm not going to report it though, but i'll see if anyone agrees with me here.

It might be a bit negative (question could have been asked better) but it's a valid discussion point in my opinion.

ohhh, come on, we'll probably get really really good laughs at this at some point...

well... i own a guitar, a vantage...... it is simply the worse piece of crap ever made.... for us to play it, we have to in a certain position. if not, it wont make any sound, or just a low buzz... it has 5 pickup selector thingys, but i can use only one of them (maybe 2), the others make a feedback like the world is gonna end.... i cant keep it in tune for more then 10 mnts... thats how crappy it is...
OK OK, I have a Hartke SB15 4 string bass and 15W Amp that I got from a pack.
Not the best gear ever, but i've only been playing for about 10 months. I can't complain about any of it though, the amp or the bass has never let me down.

But the tone is pretty naff, and hard to get right.
signature
squier standard jazz through a fender rumble 100/115 so not bad
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by DesolationRow0
i think i never saw a hartke bass in my life... are they good? i though they only made amps!

I can't fault the bass, except about the tone. It's solidly built and have had very few problems. The amp too is pretty loud for a 15Watter, i can only play up to 2/10 volume in my house, until my mum and dad get angry.
signature
desolationrow, i told you id defend my crappy amp haha, smb it is fun to tinker with, change the sounds and what not and its a ncie peice of the past, but it sounds like hell and i cant play anything smooth on it, and bullet-rule my bad i just wanted to see how many people use terrible stuff haha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I still have my first ever bass amp and sometimes use it for practices due to the logistics of carrying a Peavey TNT 115 up and down stairs.

It's a Carlsbro Kickstart 25 watt bass amp. It blows.

Literally.

I dropped it and it blew.

Makes nasty fartign noises with an active bass and any passive bass played fingerstyle over a volume of about 4.

And the volume knob doesn't just stop at 10, but goes past it all the way up an eleven that doesn't exist.

Half the time.

Sometimes it doesn't even turn at all.

I hate that amp.

Never buy one ever.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
haha duely noted, "this amp goes to eleven", i think you beat mine in crappyness
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
It's a Carlsbro Kickstart 25 watt bass amp. It blows.

Literally.

I dropped it and it blew.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! i'm trying to contain my laughter, as everyone in my home is sleeping... (just because the way you said it)...
I've got a Johnson Jazz bass copy and a 20w amp that I got as part of a pack. I like the bass and plan on defretting and upgrading pickups but the amp is pretty bad. Whenever I try to move while plugged in it squeals and pops. I've resorted to lugging my Rumble 100 around since I can actually play with it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Most of my stuff is in nice enough condition.

I use a Peavey Jazz Milestone a lot, because I prefer the jazz sound as opposed my Fender P-bass.

The Milestone is a little worn. My friend carved his name into the back of it.

still sounds great
haha nice, my friend has a dean playmate, its GOLD(gross), and it has one soapbox and it sounds like pure garbage, so one day hes over and he decides to carve a pentagram into the back haha and now its a little metal...but not really
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by DesolationRow0
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! i'm trying to contain my laughter, as everyone in my home is sleeping... (just because the way you said it)...

I aim to please.

But if only I'd aimed at something slightly softer than tarmac with this amp...
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
My amp sucks really bad, well it is a crap practice amp. I got a lightsnake cable (guitar/bass to USB) and use the GarageBand presets and it sounds loads better than my amp.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
My Fender 15 watt that came with my squier sucked so many balls it could've opened a shop.

Now all I have in amplification is a Peavey Bass112, 75watt, so it's not great, but it does give good tone. I love my 5-string and 4-string. 5 being the Deluxe J-bass (fender, used in J-band and just about everything else) and my 4 is the Squier Affinity, which I use for slap an what not. Then my 8-string (fretless) I'm building is going to be my "solo" bass. If it turns out good and I get bored with it I'll sell it for about $1,200.
Bass wise, I just have a Fender MIM J, which is decent, but certainly not top notch. Ampwise, I have an Ampeg combo 12, which does great for whatever I need it to do, including making my bass sound better. Just waiting until I can get me a Corvette...
I have a dean markley K-20BX 40 watt a epi EBO and they both suck so bad.But then i got my schecter elite 4 that i jus got =).Now i need a new amp
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Crappiest piece of gear I own? Simple, a guitar. BASS OWNS, HOORAH

Oy, but seriously it is. It's a Squier Strat, which may account for some of the suckage. The main problem is occassionally tones and the enormous unstability in the tuning.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

the crappiest piece of gear isnt neccessarily garbage.
i gig with a washtub bass, a metal bucket with a broomstick and rope.
people ALWAYS cheer me when i play it out, its very simple and even though i pour my heart and soul thru my fretless solos, i really get a LOUD reaction when simply thumpin my crappy washtub.
(Heavily modified) P-bass ripoff and a Behringer amp

It doesn't get much worse than that.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I have an AccuBass which in its present state is sad (but its getting better as the mod goes on)

And a 10 Watt Kustom amp.

Thank god for the Ibanez...
Quote by Bullet-Rule

Why does everyone here report everything?

Why cant we just post what ever we want and everyone is cool about it?

If you really dont like whats going on in here, just dont read the forum.
I'm fortunate in the sense that my only crappy gear is my 15W Fender Rumble with broken knobs, and my cheapo Starfire Chinese-made 35" scale 8-string.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
My gear's is actually pretty good. I just got a 300w Peavey combo for $100. I have a cheap Washburn p-bass. I might do some modding to it when I get some money, but it plays well.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Well, the setup I actually use is pretty awesome either way, for the most point, I had issues with the wires and what not in my other basses, but overall, I've had good experiences with all my equipment.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
i have a mg=( but it is a good starter amp
but in a few days im getting a roland cube 60 is that still crappy?
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Quote by juan9122
i have a mg=( but it is a good starter amp
but in a few days im getting a roland cube 60 is that still crappy?

I'd say all your gear is an octave too high to be discussed here...
I use a 10W Aria guitar amp from Argos
The bass amp i did have was actually my gf's and she toook it back when we split

Mean bitch
Mine isnt that bad........ i hate it though, i have a warwick 5.1 ProFet head and a Warwick 611 pro cab. It just pisses me off!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Mine isnt that bad........ i hate it though, i have a warwick 5.1 ProFet head and a Warwick 611 pro cab. It just pisses me off!

wanna give it to me?
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Why does everyone here report everything?

Why cant we just post what ever we want and everyone is cool about it?

If you really dont like whats going on in here, just dont read the forum.

Dude, if you read, I said "I'm not going to report this."

I've contributed and don't think it's a bad thread.
signature
Page 1 of 2