Hey UG, I have another question.

Seems a lot of musicians do not necessarily always go by scales when writing songs. However will they go with the Major scale theory? Is this true in a lot of cases? So if its in A, they will use all the notes in the A Major scale, maybe make it minor, flat it some? I am curious on this approach.

Because I do this a lot when I write music, and it sounds good. If I want it to sound depressing I can, and if I want to make it heavy I can. What is your guys opinion on this?
REPETITON OF HATRED dir en grey
Well, we use theory whether we are aware of it or not. If you mean to ask if people are consciously thinking in terms of scales when writing their material, some do and some do not.

That's the power of theory, what you said in your post. You know how to make it sound the way you want because you know the ideas behind it.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Well, we use theory whether we are aware of it or not. If you mean to ask if people are consciously thinking in terms of scales when writing their material, some do and some do not.

That's the power of theory, what you said in your post. You know how to make it sound the way you want because you know the ideas behind it.

+ A lot.