21 49%
Judas Priest
10 23%
Kiss
8 19%
Other
17 40%
Voters: 43.
Metallica is a Grammy Award-winning American heavy metal band formed in 1981[1] and has become one of the most commercially successful musical acts of recent decades. Metallica has sold more than 90 million records worldwide,[2][3] including 57 million albums sold in the United States alone

Slayer is an American thrash metal band founded by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King.[2] Slayer rose to fame as a leader of the American thrash metal movement with their 1986 release Reign in Blood, which has been called "the heaviest album of all time

Coming to prominence during the 'New Wave of British Heavy Metal', Venom have found relatively little mainstream success or critical acclaim, but are widely regarded as highly influential, particularly for their first two albums, Welcome to Hell (1981) and Black Metal (1982). The latter first used the term 'black metal', which was later used to describe a metal subgenre (though the style of black metal is not necessarily directly influenced by the album Black Metal.)

Megadeth is an American thrash metal band led by founder, frontman, and songwriter Dave Mustaine. Formed in 1983 following Mustaine's ejection from Metallica, the band has since released eleven studio albums, three EPs, and two live albums

Iron Maiden are a British heavy metal band from east London. The band were formed in 1975 by bassist Steve Harris, formerly a member of Gypsy's Kiss and Smiler. Iron Maiden are one of the most successful and influential bands in the heavy metal genre, having sold 80 million albums worldwide.[1] The band won the Ivor Novello award for international achievement in 2002.[2]

Pantera was an American heavy metal band from Arlington, Texas, that formed in 1981.[1] Although initially influenced by 1970s and 1980s glam metal/hard rock bands, thrash metal acts such as Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax would prove to be influential in the band's significant change in musical direction at the end of the 1980s. From there, Pantera became a key formulator of the groove metal (post-thrash) subgenre of heavy metal music.

Kreator is a thrash metal band from Essen, Germany. They originally started under the name Tormentor. Starting their career in 1982, they played thrash metal with Venom influences.[1] They differ from the Bay Area thrashers in their brutality and speed[citation needed]. Their style of music is similar to their compatriots Destruction and Sodom, the other two big German thrash metal bands. All three of these bands are often credited with helping create death metal, by containing a few elements of what was to become death metal.[2]

other
Kiss isnt heavy metal

EDIT: oops, thought the poll said best heavy metal band
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Copy and pasted from Wikipedia no doubt.

no....no ****..wow you just found that out
old metallica yes!! ...And justice for all kicked ass people!
and where is Testament?

but yes maiden priest and slayer are all my favorites , oh and megadeth too!

EDIT: oh i didn't see venom there lay down your soul to the gods rock and rooooll!!!!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Last edited by Shredder6 at Jun 28, 2007,
I voted for megadeth
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
No Sabbath??? Are you insane??
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Personally I think Metallica's albums Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were much better than ... And Justice For All. But yeah it was kind of hard not to vote for most of em cuz almost all of them are my favorites.