Page 1 of 2
Ok So I Am Thinking About Putting Some Dimebuckers In My Telecaster That My Dad Bought Me For My Birthday. I Have Been Listening To Pantera For A Few Years And Ever Since The First Song I Have Been In Love With Dimebag. He Is Even Better In Damageplan. RIP Dime! Ever Since I First Heard Of The Dimebucker I Have Wanted One So I Can Sound Just Like Dime.

I Know That It Won't Fit At First (Square Peg, Sphere Hole, You Might Say) But My Dad Said That He Could Rout Out A Good Fit For It. He Is A Dentist So He Has Experience With Similar Tools.

I Think My Telecaster Armed With Some Shrediclicious Dimebuckers Will Sound INSANE. Especially With My Current Rig, It's A 15-W Head and a 65R (The 'R' Means Reissue, In Case You Were Wondering.) Vertical Amp Stack. I Used To Have It Set-Up As A Horizontal Amp Stack But I Didn't Like The Sound As Much. Anyways, Here's A Pic:

Once I'm Finished With This Puppy I'll Think My Guitar Will Sound Like Dimebag Smiling Down On Me From Heaven.

What Do You Guys Think?
idk most people hear dont like dimebuckers :/
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

WARNING!: Every thread i touch dies.......
ya the dimebucker is prety sweet n will give u those mad dime tones man. ur amp is f*cking sweet dude my dad has a 1965 fender half stack 2. i dunno if it will get good dime tones but with the dimbucker i dont see y it wudnt.
i can't see it working, but hey whatever floats your boat
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by SGRipper

so u dont like them caus every 1 on this forum hates like they hate everything else.
ther amazing pickups
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Quote by SGRipper

i LOVE dime buckers, i got 3; 2 for my yamaha, 1 for my rich and a full-shred 4 my other pickup in my rich, all from Seymour Duncan, great brand, i suggest getting a better rig tho, maybe a marshal or something?
the FM65 and the cheap FM arent really high gain amps. i would upgrade my amp to a roland or something similar first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by MetalHead_AP
Yeah get a MG halfstack, great dist!

MGs BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD!!!
most of UG agrees
Quote by jj1565
the FM65 and the cheap FM arent really high gain amps. i would upgrade my amp to a roland or something similar first.

wut r u takin about? the fm 1965 is one of the hightst gain amps u can buy my dad plays it rly loud and it sooo distorted i thin because if u crank tube amps they distort. wtf is a roland amp?! did u see jimi playin a roland?!
^WHAt? no. i didnt say that. roland cube or randall. not an mg. come on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I had one in a guitar once. Let's just say I don't have that guitar anymore.

And TS, that is going to sound so horrible your going to regret every minute of it.

Wow dude, how many idiots flocked to this thread. Jimi Hendrix used a Marshall, not a Fender. I don't even like Jimi and I know that.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by MetalHead_AP
Yeah get a MG halfstack, great dist!

^.................no

Yes i'm really sorry bout the whole Dimebuckers being crap thing, i never said they were, im just from what iv'e heard on these forums most people think there bad. I havent played on em so i couldnt tell you, so dont take it the wrong way.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Quote by Guitarislife125
wut r u takin about? the fm 1965 is one of the hightst gain amps u can buy my dad plays it rly loud and it sooo distorted i thin because if u crank tube amps they distort. wtf is a roland amp?! did u see jimi playin a roland?!

go the hell away from me really. there is nothing right wt ur post.

i mean, come on man. is everyone new today? please.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by doomed1
MGs BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD!!!
most of UG agrees

hah lolol u must be out of your mind. u have a line 6. no room to talk
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

I hear that Mark Knopfler used the same set-up. He has the best pinch-harmonics and distortion I've ever heard, do it man
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Everybody in this thread so far is an idiot. EDIT:Except for Jenny and Useful_Idiot16, I guess.

Dimebuckers are quite bad. They cost too much, they don't sounds very good, they are muddy on the low strings, they are screechy on the high strings.

Fender amps are NOT high gain amps.

Also, Dime's playing was NOT better in Damageplan (Just my opinion, btw.)

If you want the bridge pickup Dime used, look in to a Bill Lawrence L-500XL.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Jun 28, 2007,
Quote by MetalHead_AP
**** all the MG haters, they're the best Solid States on the market!

LMFAOOOOOOO! Someone hasn't heard of... ... ...every other solid state amp ever made.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
really everyone wylde ?^

EDiT ok haha, there are a few good posts they were just hidden i think.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 28, 2007,
Quote by Guitarislife125

What are YOU talking about. Jimi played marshall anyways, not fenders. And he didn't play metal, so why would you want high gain? Those two are totally unrelated. Plus, fenders aren't high gain. A roland cube 60 is way more high gain. The r doesn't stand for reissue. Those are new solid state amps.
^omg finally. PLUS he's running it thru a fm15 too, completely killing his tone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by wylde_overdrive
Everybody in this thread so far is an idiot. EDIT:Except for Jenny

Dimebuckers are quite bad. They cost too much, they don't sounds very good, they are muddy on the low strings, they are screechy on the high strings.

Fender amps are NOT high gain amps.

Also, Dime's playing was NOT better in Damageplan

If you want the bridge pickup Dime used, look in to a Bill Lawrence L-500XL.

Uhm, you totally restated everything I said and added the Bill Lawrence part. So, there was one other person who was not an idiot, which was me. But if you take my name into account, then you were right.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Guitarislife125

Frontman 65R is solid state, not tube, and isnt high gain, idk 2 dimebuckers in a tele seems a little weird, i'd say get a randall if you want dimes tone, yea this is very weird post.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

wut no the fm65r is a reissue of fenders 1965 frontman n its tube m,y dad has 1 n it sounds like a tube and it has a box on the back for the vacum tube
Oh jesus effing christ noobs...

So Ts here the real deal. Most people in this thread minus jenny,wylde,sg, and useful have given you piss poor advice. pickup like said is the xl-500

A. The Dimebucker is a horrible pickup. Its muddy, overpriced, and not what Darrell used
B. Most tone comes from amp. a shit amp like the mg, spider, FM, low end crate wont get you a great tone(liek dimebag). Best bet is to go with a roland cube at this point until you can afford a randall if you are after a dimebag tone.
C. The fm or mg isnt going to get you a great tone, again start investing in a better amp. amp is 70-80% of tone (not counting fingers)
d. To everyone giving piss poor adivce- just because you own it doesnt mean its the shiz, so quit recommending crap. I could careless if you reply with " well i can get a good tone out of it" or ect. I dont care, i've owned them all, and i know for the money they are some of the worst investments guitar wise.

Thank you : )

^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Sanitarium24
(The 'R' Means Reissue, In Case You Were Wondering.)

Im pretty sure it stands for reverb.
Current Set-Up
Guitars:
1997 USA Standard Strat
Mitchell Acoustic-Electric
Stella Acoustic (Open G for slide)
Tom Delonge Signature
Amps:
Peavey Classic 30
Pedals:
Crybaby->EHX NYC Big Muff->Boss DS-1->TS-9 w/808 mod->Ibanez FL9->Boss Dm-3
Quote by mexican_shred

So Ts here the real deal. Most people in this thread minus jenny,wylde,sg, and useful have given you piss poor advice. pickup like said is the xl-500

A. The Dimebucker is a horrible pickup. Its muddy, overpriced, and not what Darrell used
B. Most tone comes from amp. a shit amp like the mg, spider, FM, low end crate wont get you a great tone(liek dimebag). Best bet is to go with a roland cube at this point until you can afford a randall if you are after a dimebag tone.
C. The fm or mg isnt going to get you a great tone, again start investing in a better amp. amp is 70-80% of tone (not counting fingers)
d. To everyone giving piss poor adivce- just because you own it doesnt mean its the shiz, so quit recommending crap. I could careless if you reply with " well i can get a good tone out of it" or ect. I dont care, i've owned them all, and i know for the money they are some of the worst investments guitar wise.

^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.

how is the pickup muddy that dosnt make sense how can metal be muddy n dimebag used it that is proof it is good as is
He
A. had a huge rig, that consisted of rackmounts and GOOD AMPS
B. He hardly ever used the dimebucker. he mainly used a bill lawrence xl-500. Thats what the real razorback have. All of what you hear recorded is with the xl-500
Wtf are you talking about, he used the Dimebucker for everything, I read it in Kerrang.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
let me get this right, you are running a 15w amp in the 65w version of the same amp. you connected them through the headphone out going to input 2. and nothing is going into the input on the 15w amp. so basicly it is just there to look cool. also it somehow sounds different as a horizantal and vertical stack (wtf is a horizantal stack)?you also thing the R stands for reissue, when it actually stands for reverb. you try to type in all caps (capslock doesnt work btw, thank god).

now listen when i say this. dont just go sticking pickups in your guitar just because they say dime-somethingorother. they arent anything spectacular, and it isnt a move you will cherish in years to come. find a better pickup, or better yet a nice single coil for the neck and a good 'bucker for the bridge. then you will be happy.
wut do you mean by single coil like a strat pup?! y do that dime dint have a single in his neck pickup ever why would the ts do that?!
Dude make sure to record some sound clips when you install it. IT WILL ****ING SOUND SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now listen when i say this. dont just go sticking pickups in your guitar just because they say dime-somethingorother. they arent anything spectacular, and it isnt a move you will cherish in years to come. find a better pickup, or better yet a nice single coil for the neck and a good 'bucker for the bridge. then you will be happy.

K' mom.
Last edited by MetalHead_AP at Jun 28, 2007,
Quote by Face The Slayer
Wtf are you talking about, he used the Dimebucker for everything, I read it in Kerrang.

oh jesus christ i give up

A. Dimebucker is fairly recent in the SD lineup. So for pantera, guess what there was no dimebucker. for the recording of the damage plan cd, no diembucker. See clips of live shows and you'lll see a Bill Lawrence but not a *gasp* dime bucker.
B. If you believe everything written in Kerrang you have to be a freaking fool.
Quote by mexican_shred

Iv'e only gave one piece of advice and that's the randall which dime used......... :/

And yea im sorry but the FM65R is not a reissue the 65 means the wattage of the amp, idk who got you thinking it was.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Quote by mexican_shred

u hve no clue what your talking bout ehen it comes to pickups and amps u dumb ass dimebuckers are made by seymour duncans which suck some how even thought they really dont. and crates and marshalls are great amps. every 1 hates them caus of 1 or more peoples opinions and all of the genieus 's follow. u think ther ****ty caus ur gay
btw that pink guitar might not be gay =)
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Page 1 of 2