Well, I watched my favorite MLB team, the Houston Astros, win their game today, on a very special day.

One of the classiest guys to ever play the game finally got to his 3,000th hit, all with the Houston Astros. When he began the day, he only needed 3 to get to the milestone, and he got much more. In the 7th inning, Biggio hits a ball to center field, for his 3,000th hit, which made him only the 27th player in history to do so. Unfortunately, he got thrown out at second trying to stretch it into a double (which would have been very fitting for him, the "Double King). At the time, the Astros were down 1-0. On his way back to the dugout (as the crowd cheered for him) he celebrated with his family. Then, he did something that would be considered unexpected to anyone BUT Craig Biggio fans. He went into the dugout and brought out Jeff Bagwell. They stood together as the fans went nuts with cheers.

Fittingly enough, the game went into extra innings and the Astros got down 5-4. With two outs, Biggio comes up to bat for the 6th time. He hits a weak grounder to Shortstop, and at the age of 41, he BEATS OUT THE THROW TO FIRST. The Astros ended up loading the bases, and Carlos Lee hit a game-winning Grand Slam.

What a night for Craig Biggio. What a night for the Houston Astros. What a night for the Houston Astros fans.

Thank you Craig Biggio for all of the memories. Even though nobody really notices what you do for the Houston Astros, you have given everything you had, and all of your fans appreciate that. 3,000 hits couldn't happen to a classier guy.

Also, Congratulations to Frank Thomas on his 500th HR. That is also a great milestone.

Thoughts on the milestones?

EDIT: I forgot to add, that Biggio was thrown out by former teammate Willy Taveras. Man did I love having that guy in CF for the Astros.
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Jun 29, 2007,
Yeah, he's put together a great career and he seems like a nice guy. congrats to him!
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Biggio is one of my all time favorite players. I've watched him since I was like 6, and not until the last few years realized that I had been watching one of the best ever to play the game.