Page 1 of 2
Okay, so my sister tells me to take her kid to go buy effect pedals with me because she doesnt want him to get ripped off since he doesnt know anything really. So we go to this music store and we go to the bass section. I grab a wah, chorus, and a distortion/overdrive and show them to him. Some stupid 17 year old who works there came up and asked what we were doing. I said lookin at pedals, he replies with "look at these cool ones!" and runs over and grabs a delay pedal and tells him to check it out. He turns the feedback all the up so the speaker gets that freaky sound and he thinks its cool and is like I WANT THAT 1!!! We then start walking to the register and the guy says to my nephew "thats the only 1 left i was going to buy that" and he replies "really?" and the guy says "NO" in a very loud voice. This pissed me off but I let my nephew buy the delay pedal. He then starts talking to my nephew about what kind of bass do you have. My cousin is like I got a jazz bass and the stupid fag says "but thats for good bass players" and my cousin stops talking and looks sad so I say "are you really that good?' and he says "yeah ive been playing for like 8 years" and I tell him hes been playing for 5 and hes like "yeah but hes like 13" and im like "does that matter?" and hes says "duh". I then say "what about you prove this to my nephew?" He then says "its on" (how gay is that honestly?) So he walks over and grabs a fender p bass and plays dig by mudvayne like perfectly and gives the bass to my nephew and tells him to beat that so he plays self esteem by the offspring with like one screw up where he slowed down for like 3 seconds. The guy then says he wins and I tell him he sucks and we walk out.

Should I report that guy to his manager?

Anything like this ever happen to anyone?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Last edited by 14shadesofblue at Jun 29, 2007,
^ Yeah you should have reported it to the manager when it happened. Its a bit late now.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
what comes around goes around.
he will probably be beat up in the parking lot by 10 thirteen-year olds that he pissed off that same day.
Nothing is permanent!.
go ahead and report him, he's not getting paid to be a prick so why not throw it back in his face
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Report yourself to the manager for arguing with a seventeen year old kid.
Quote by S2S

I knew the guy would be a UGer! I'm surprised he didn't call your brother a June 07 noob!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
What a dick, im pretty sure you should report him.
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell (1966-2004) . He Came To Rock And Rocked Like No Other!

Looking for a band in california in need of a guitarist (any genre mostly metal)--(SoCal otherwise its fine) PM ME

Add Me!
My Myspace!
What a jerk. I hate when people at music stores try to show off and make you feel stupid.
Okay, so my friend tells me to sub for his shift in the bass section because he doesnt want me to get laid off since I haven't been going to work much really. So I go to memphis music garage and I go to the bass section. I see two guys walk in an one grabs a wah, chorus, and a distortion/overdrive and show them to the other. Some stupid old guy who looks like the kids uncle. I came up and asked what they were doing. He said lookin at pedals, I reply with "look at these cool ones!" and I run over and grab a delay pedal and tell the kid to check it out. I turn the feedback all the up so the speaker gets that freaky sound and he thinks its cool and is like I WANT THAT 1!!! They then start walking to the register and I say to the kid "thats the only 1 left i was going to buy that" and he replies "really?" and I say "NO" in a very loud voice. This pissed the old dude off but he let the kid buy the delay pedal. I then start talking to the kid about what kind of bass he has. The kid is like I got a jazz bass and I say "but thats for good bass players" and the kid stops talking and looks sad so the old dude says "are you really that good?' and I say "yeah ive been playing for like 8 years" and he tells me hes been playing for 5 and I'm like "yeah but hes like 13" and hes like "does that matter?" and I say "duh". He then says "what about you prove this to my nephew?" I then say "its on" (how awesome is that honestly?) So I walk over and grab a fender p bass and plays dig by mudvayne like perfectly and then I give the bass to the kid and tell him to beat that so he plays self esteem by the offspring with like one screw up where he slowed down for like 3 seconds. I then say I win and he tells me I sucks and they walk out.

Did this guy get totally owned?

Anything like this ever happen to anyone?
Last edited by KissingShadows at Jun 29, 2007,
Quote by S2S

+1

Also, like, stop, like, saying, like, "like". Like.
Quote by KissingShadows
I then say "its on" (how awesome is that honestly?)

freaking hilarious.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Sorry to hear that, defiantly report the guy, what a ****ing asshole.

Today sucked really bad too, and It's kinda similar. Long story short, the guy who worked at the Guitar Outlet here didn't know what the hell he was talking about at ALL, and I lost $170 to them for nothing. I've never been so pissed off in my life.
Quote by Blash

Today sucked really bad too, and It's kinda similar. Long story short, the guy who worked at the Guitar Outlet here didn't know what the hell he was talking about at ALL, and I lost $170 to them for nothing. I've never been so pissed off in my life.

What did he do?
Quote by Blash

what did you lose the $170 to?
Haha, suddenly all the attentions on you bro!
Quote by fukyu1980
you had a bad day? dude, i just spent the money and restrung everyone of my guitars, only to have the e break on my fave one within litterally 3 minutes. w/e i think, i guess i just bent it too much er whatever, and i pick up my other. im just messing around and i do a little tapping, and the mf string breaks!!!!!!!!! i went ahead and saved the fuggin guitar the trouble and yanked off the rest of the strings. so now i have a 5 string guitar, a no string guitar, a 6 string...squier, and the acoustic i hold in my hand. THATS a bad day.

plus i had to survive the most akward dinner of my life. me, my dad, my mom, and my sis PLUS my grandpa and his wife, who were just married less than a month ago. that wouldnt have been so bad if my real grandma hadnt died just 9 months ago.
my grandpa remarries w/in 9 months of the death of his wife. thats a bad day.

i think im gona go cry now....*searchs itunes for emo songs**comes back to ug*nah, im not that depressed, ill just look at more threads.

ps. what happened to you sucks. you shoulda decked him.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Well I may as well throw my monkey into the tree... my wife left me today. She packed her bag and left for Santa Monica.
Quote by fukyu1980
Quote by no1flyhalf
you had a bad day? dude, i just spent the money and restrung everyone of my guitars, only to have the e break on my fave one within litterally 3 minutes. w/e i think, i guess i just bent it too much er whatever, and i pick up my other. im just messing around and i do a little tapping, and the mf string breaks!!!!!!!!! i went ahead and saved the fuggin guitar the trouble and yanked off the rest of the strings. so now i have a 5 string guitar, a no string guitar, a 6 string...squier, and the acoustic i hold in my hand. THATS a bad day.

cant you string guitars?
I remember when I was like 13 and the guy at guitar center would be like, "Hey there little dude, if you want to really rock out, you need THESE picks." He then proceeds to pick out the most expensive brand. Also I was looking for some other things, and I would say it, he's like "alright rockin follow me dude!"

Also another time at GC, I needed a new strap, because my other one was FUBAR. So I walk in the store and run into Mr. Rockin and he picks out the 34 dollar strap and says "dude you will rock with this thing, and your gonna need some strap locks." So he gets the 30 dollar ones.

So in the end I only bought a cheap strap and almost told the guy off for making me angry >
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
Quote by no1flyhalf

Yeah, that's a bad day.

Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by Metal_Rich
Well I may as well throw my monkey into the tree... my wife left me today. She packed her bag and left for Santa Monica.

Jesus you're not serious are you? That SUCKS!
Quote by Bowlingforcerea
I remember when I was like 13 and the guy at guitar center would be like, "Hey there little dude, if you want to really rock out, you need THESE picks." He then proceeds to pick out the most expensive brand. Also I was looking for some other things, and I would say it, he's like "alright rockin follow me dude!"

Also another time at GC, I needed a new strap, because my other one was FUBAR. So I walk in the store and run into Mr. Rockin and he picks out the 34 dollar strap and says "dude you will rock with this thing, and your gonna need some strap locks." So he gets the 30 dollar ones.

So in the end I only bought a cheap strap and almost told the guy off for making me angry >

"rockin"? you should have been like "dude thats so not metal" or "rock and roll is the devil" and begin to play johnny cash!
Oh my god. I wish I was there!
I WILL show him how to play.

And teach your cousin the art of bass!
Quote by Syd Barret..
Oh my god. I wish I was there!
I WILL show him how to play.

And teach your cousin the art of bass!

im his teacher
Are you any good? You shoulda owned his ass at bass. What a jerk. If natural selection was let to take place, these kinds of people would die first. Honestly, they have lower intelligence, and they can't see anything else but, "I'm a pro." You shoulda beat him, not report him. I think it'd be legal cause, an eye for an eye, right? And in this case, your cousins self esteem is the eye and his balls are the second one.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by Amalgam
Well, I gotta say, you should've kicked some ass there, man.

Pulled him aside, whip out your knife.

"Listen, bitch, I'll slit your throat if you don't shut the **** up. Just get the kid the effects pedal."

BAM.

im glad to know im not the only one that would wanna do that in this situation except i would wait outside the store untill he finished working....or if he closes the shop that would work better.....then I would hit him with my car and let my nephew kick him in the nads.
you guys are too stupid...
heres what you do
1. Beat the shit out of him
2. Piss on him
3. Report him to the manager for trying to sexually molest you
Quote by 14shadesofblue
"rockin"? you should have been like "dude thats so not metal" or "rock and roll is the devil" and begin to play johnny cash!

Haha that would have shown him maybe i'll do that, i wonder if he still works there...*ponder*
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
Quote by iloveboobs22
you guys are too stupid...
heres what you do
1. Beat the shit out of him
2. Piss on him
3. Report him to the manager for trying to sexually molest you

LMAO at that
You think you had a bad day?
Let me tell you the story of my day:

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin makin trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suite case and send me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orang juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear the pricey booze, wine all that
Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat?
I don't think sow
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop and yelled my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say this cab is rare
But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air
Quote by DPH
You think you had a bad day?
Let me tell you the story of my day:

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin makin trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suite case and send me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orang juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear the pricey booze, wine all that
Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat?
I don't think sow
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop and yelled my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say this cab is rare
But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

lol Smoooth like a brick wall
Quote by 14shadesofblue
what did you lose the $170 to?

A S101 Mandolin that I bought it a few days ago. I knew that it needed to be repaired (intonation was off, but I can fix that).
When I got into the house, I put new strings on it and set the intonation, and was working fine for the rest of the day. Next day (while playing), THE NECK FELL OFF (along with some of the body), and I know I didn't do anything wrong. I went back today, they said no refunds and there was nothing that they could do, and I just said forget it and threw it out at my house (it was completely hopeless). I guess you get what you pay for...?

Quote by KissingShadows
What did he do?

He was just being a total asshole when I was actually being polite during the whole mandolin thing.
After all that, I decided to cool down by playing a really beautiful Strat I saw hanging on the wall. The only amp plugged in was a bass amp without a cable, so I asked him for one, and he kinda threw it at me. So I went to go plug it in, the guy saw what I was plugging in to, and yells "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?! You can't plug a guitar in a bass amp! Are you ****ing stupid?". I said I had enough and stormed out of there. Worst experience I've ever had in my whole life.

I don't wanna report the guy or anything, I'd feel terrible about him loosing his job, even if he was an asshole.
go in with a sign where you have written:

*reported

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
go in with a sign where you have written:

*reported

...reported?
Quote by Blash
Nah, he's talking about the guys at the stores.

+1 to Ferrarone

atchaaa
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Page 1 of 2