Picking up my Hot Rod Deluxe tomorrow. I am so excited, this will be my first guitar amp, and I've played for about 7 months now. I've been using a behringer keyboard/pa amp for the past 6 months lol. Just curious, I love the amp, but Im curious, how much will this really improve my sound, and I'm thinking of picking up a tubescreamer or boss ds-2, i think its called, or if i see something better. Suggestions?
It should improve your sound a lot. The Boss DS-2 is a good pedal, from what I've heard. But what kind of music do you play?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
rhcp, some petrucciesque things, mainly alt rock stuff, but i'm getting more into the prog rock/metal dream theater type stuff, and i know im getting a fender amp lol, but its just cause i love the clean channel, and i figure 1 or 2 pedals wont hurt anything.
Quote by drummerguydw
rhcp, some petrucciesque things, mainly alt rock stuff, but i'm getting more into the prog rock/metal dream theater type stuff, and i know im getting a fender amp lol, but its just cause i love the clean channel, and i figure 1 or 2 pedals wont hurt anything.

If you want petrucci's tone, Youtube search "Psycho Excercises 4" and watch it, I'm too lazy to find it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
ive seen those, theyre soooo funny, but i dont want his tone, i want to develop my own sound, i just want a good dist/overdrive that can go into that prog territory, using the hot rod, i dont want a different amp, so the pedal will basically have to work as the overdrive/dist "channel" persay.
The DS-2 should be good for most of that kind of stuff.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
AMAZING AMP!!!!! Good choice. I recently got one. Wow! Its great. Just pick up a Ds-2 that should do the job.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Huge sound improvement!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Your sound will sound SO much better, and I'd go with the tubescreamer over the boss.
Sent from my iPad.
I've actually never played with a Tubescreamer but I might go looking for one later for my Hot Rod. Can anyone tell me like what kind of sound I would get with the Tubescreamer. Sorry, don't mean to be a thread jacker
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way