what are some common sequences you guys use in this genre?

i like a minor 1-7-6 then a 2-5
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
minor key reggae progressions :

Im IVm Im

tritones (kind of like the prodigy )
Im to bV

Jazzy modal progressions ,
Im IV
or unusual minor progressions .

Im bIIIm
or Im VIm bVm bIIIm !
the funny thing about electronica is that all electronica artists use different keys and chord prog's. you can't really say "well they all do this" a large part of what makes electronic music unique is not only the style of it (D&B, techno, industrial, jungle etc etc) but what scales and keys are used within that style and another big thing is envelope filters and the mixing of the song. i recommend experimenting with delay (that is one common theme i notice in a LOT of electronic music) to start with.
Quote by z4twenny
the funny thing about electronica is that all electronica artists use different keys and chord prog's. you can't really say "well they all do this" a large part of what makes electronic music unique is not only the style of it (D&B, techno, industrial, jungle etc etc) but what scales and keys are used within that style and another big thing is envelope filters and the mixing of the song. i recommend experimenting with delay (that is one common theme i notice in a LOT of electronic music) to start with.

Bro, my point for making this thread is for people to share THEIR favorite progressions, like i shared mine

Peace
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
^ yeah, you missed my point though. virtually any chord progression can be used in electronic type music. i personally use minor/major and basic variations in mine. check out my link and listen to 'over the great divide and back again' it guitars + trance. you'll see what i mean.

ideally what you're asking here is "what are your favorite chord progressions?" chord progs can be applied to about any style of music. they're just used differently depending on the style of music they're used for.