I just recently got a new Fender Stratocaster, and its the first guitar ive had with the whole whammy bar stuff on it (epi les paul being my first and only other guitar). Basically i want to know how to not **** my guitar up, if you could give some advice on the following things, that would be excellent

1. Using whammy bar (overusing it, and screwing up my tuning)
2. The intonation and how not to mess it up
3. Changing the strings with this system on my guitar

thanks a lot, all useful advice is appreciated
i think the inotation and strings kinda go together try to stick with the same guage when chaging them.

when changing strings make sure to only change one at a time so there is constant pressure on the neck

and i thnk the out of tuning will be fine just retune it and check to inotation i think? but my ibanez i use and i never had a big problem with it
if you dont have them already, try to put 5 springs at the back of the guitar so it would stay tune better.also, try not to do ALOT of divebombs with that thing.in a gig it might backfire and either break a string or downtune some strings.

god luck :wink:
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

the tuning doesn't really matter with the tremelo, if you don't want ot have to tune every hour, just don't use the trem, it's that simple, the strings are pretty easy, just slide through the holes at teh bottom, is it a floating bridge or one that can only lower the pitch
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
if you dont have them already, try to put 5 springs at the back of the guitar so it would stay tune better.also, try not to do ALOT of divebombs with that thing.in a gig it might backfire and either break a string or downtune some strings.

god luck :wink:

this really does help with tuning stability... the strings you use should be 9's (unless you want to readjust everything)

you might want to invest in locking tuners(schaller makes ones specifically for fenders) if you plan on going crazy with the tremolo

edit: ^to the guy above me, fender trems are awesome because they can be set up to be either
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158