Suspected bomb difused in London

Ok, first this is getting dumb. It's either a bomb or it isn't. It isn't like a suspected bank robber. It was a bomb. Second, quote from anti-terror cheif "Bomb could have been deadly" *Sigh* Man, it's good to know we have that guy on the case. Who would have guessed a bomb could be deadly? Glad we had him to point that out. It's a wonder more hasn't happed with idiots like that in charge.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Bomb sometime deadly. Stay away.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Don't you guys know? They even come with a label on the box:

"Bombs may be deadly. Aim away from face."
Quote by Jawkster
woo

That game should be banned instantly. It promotes children to become bombers.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
well to be fair, it's probably not always possible to tell if something really is a bomb or not at first, and the police have to respond to any potential danger - how much would it suck if they said "pfft it's blates not a bomb" then several people got blown up?

also, if it was a small bomb it wouldn't necessarily be deadly. it could still cause damage to property and minor injuries, though. but of course, all bombs have to be big enough to maim and destroy, because tv says so

edit: ok, i actually just read the article, and it was a big bomb, lol. but still, my point stands, it wouldn't necessarily be deadly, unless some unlucky sods got too close.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
wasnt it someting like 60 litres of petrol in a petrol can thing with loads of nails, deadly
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Liam Alan
Suspected bomb difused in London

Ok, first this is getting dumb. It's either a bomb or it isn't. It isn't like a suspected bank robber. It was a bomb. Second, quote from anti-terror cheif "Bomb could have been deadly" *Sigh* Man, it's good to know we have that guy on the case. Who would have guessed a bomb could be deadly? Glad we had him to point that out. It's a wonder more hasn't happed with idiots like that in charge.

Who do you suggest?

People are so happy to criticise officials, but in all honesty, they could easily make you look like a blithering idiot.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
Who do you suggest?

People are so happy to criticise officials, but in all honesty, they could easily make you look like a blithering idiot.

Who do I suggest? Maybe someone that doesn't point out the sky is blue and water is wet and actually provide something helpful. First, I don't know why my statement offended you. Second, how do you know he is smarter than me? I was pointing out bombs are obviously potentially dangerous.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by Liam Alan
Who do I suggest? Maybe someone that doesn't point out the sky is blue and water is wet and actually provide something helpful. First, I don't know why my statement offended you. Second, how do you know he is smarter than me? I was pointing out bombs are obviously potentially dangerous.

Some bombs are not dangerous. The name of it escapes me at the moment, but there are bombs that just let off huge amounts of smoke or let off a huge bang and a flash of light. Theyre generally used to scare people, and if one of those went off in London there would be massive panic.

EDIT - And officials dont become officials by pointing out the obvious.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Jesus tap dancing christ you people are ****ing out there.... making such a big deal about somebody saying something as simple as "the bomb could have been deadly". It is a perfectly normal thing to say after something like this and if you would kindly enough remove your head from your ass you would see it. The bomb didnt go off, if it had went off as i assume it was planned to, it COULD have been deadly. Thats not to judge its strength, it is simply to say it could have killed somebody. A pencil can be deadly, a gun can be deadly, grow up.
Quote by dann_blood
Some bombs are not dangerous. The name of it escapes me at the moment, but there are bombs that just let off huge amounts of smoke or let off a huge bang and a flash of light. Theyre generally used to scare people, and if one of those went off in London there would be massive panic.

Flash bombs and smoke grenades.

At least they caught it before it might've went off.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Liam Alan
Who do I suggest? Maybe someone that doesn't point out the sky is blue and water is wet and actually provide something helpful.

Do you honestly think that the man is going to talk, in depth, about the ins and outs of explosives and their components in a statement which is aimed towards the tabloid press?

Do you think he would release the highly sensitive information that he is privy to? Of course not. These officials are highly astute and have signed the Official Secrets Act and by law cannot divulge the true nature of the information that is coming to them at this time.

First, I don't know why my statement offended you. Second, how do you know he is smarter than me? I was pointing out bombs are obviously potentially dangerous.

1)Your individual statement has not offended me. I was talking generally.

This site, as a microcosm of the world, citicise regularly (as is their right) but 99% of the time, such assertions are poorly grounded and based largely on ignorance.

2) I know for a fact that he is.
The device, consisting of 200 liters of fuel, gas cylinders and nails linked to a triggering mechanism

That is why. Sorry I got everybody all riled up. Upon reading that I assumed most would know it is dangerous.

Quote by cagnius
2) I know for a fact that he is.

But you don't know how smart I am. *Opens a segway for potential insult*

Quote by Liam Alan
That is why. Sorry I got everybody all riled up. Upon reading that I assumed most would know it is dangerous.

200 Litres is a huge exaggeration. It was 60.

Also, the device could have been wired incorrectly, rendering it as dangerous as my glass of water.

He was merely outlining to the tabloid press and the [generally stupid] public at large, that an incidident had occured. He was more than likely reading straight from the press-brief, as opposed to any formalised statement.

But you don't know how smart I am. *Opens a segway for potential insult*

Of course I don't. I'm willing to assume, however, that the man could run rings around you.
Quote by cagnius
200 Litres is a huge exaggeration. It was 60.

Also, the device could have been wired incorrectly, rendering it as dangerous as my glass of water.

He was merely outlining to the tabloid press and the [generally stupid] public at large, that an incidident had occured. He was more than likely reading straight from the press-brief, as opposed to any formalised statement.

Fair enough. I was going by the story provided by the press which has a habit of blowing thing out of proportion just to sell papers.

60 litres of petrol. Gas cylinders and a **** load of nails. Parked directly outside a nightclub containing 500 people
It seems now that there is a road near Hyde Park which has been closed. Whether it is serious or not I don't know.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Of course it could've been deadly.

Had the bomb been detonated, people could have been killed...

I don't see what is wrong with that statement.

Sometimes bombs are deadly because sometimes they kill people..
Quote by dann_blood

flashbangs van be deadly. if they go off right by your head.
Quote by gsr2k6
Jesus tap dancing christ you people are ****ing out there.... making such a big deal about somebody saying something as simple as "the bomb could have been deadly". It is a perfectly normal thing to say after something like this and if you would kindly enough remove your head from your ass you would see it. The bomb didnt go off, if it had went off as i assume it was planned to, it COULD have been deadly. Thats not to judge its strength, it is simply to say it could have killed somebody. A pencil can be deadly, a gun can be deadly, grow up.

My thoughts exactly, the bomb "could have been" deadly because "it could have exploded." Seriously making such a big deal on what a person says is stupid. What are we talking about here the official or the how many people could have hurt? Which do you think is more important?