http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX4hJeUhAII

Obviously that isnt me or i wont be making this thread.

I really am having problems playing to song, what should i do. I know to pratice, but it just isnt helping, is this song that hard to play? Also should chord changing be below 0.5 of a second.
I'm guessing you're having trouble with the chord changes, so the only advice to give is to practice and practice and practice.

And try playing it slower and working your way up. Maybe work on something slightly easier if you get frustrated with it and come back to it later.

EDIT: Also, remember that for the verse strumming patterns, the chord changes aren't instantaneous. You can hit the open strings for a beat when switching between the chords and it will sound fine. Everyone hits open strings when transitioning.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Last edited by screamsoftly at Jun 29, 2007,
really the only way to improve this kind of thing is to play the chord changes over and over and over andover and over again until it becomes natural (all that muscle memory **** i guess).
plus, WTF is up with that guys singing voice and facial expressions
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
ive been praticing the c major to d minor chord change for about 2 hours straight and the change is still taking about a second, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Quote by TERU
ive been praticing the c major to d minor chord change for about 2 hours straight and the change is still taking about a second, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, try focusing on how each individual finger should move. The index finger moves down one string. The middle finger down one string, and the ring finger down two. Try thinking about where each finger is going when you're doing the change and you should get it down better.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
lmfao he had 3 ratings and they were all 2 stars so he disabled rating
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Don't try and do everything at once, it'll do your nut. Rather than practice that one chord change for 2 hours straight practice general changing chords for maybe 20 minutes each day. You're trying to force an improvement and it doesn't happen that way, you just have to be patient...20 odd minutes a day for a couple of weeks and you'll be faster.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TERU

I've started guitar for 2 months, and find change chords are the easiest things in play guitar.

But if you could be patience enough and give it time, NOT IN ONE DAY OF WORK, it take more than that.

Try to limit your practice for no more than 30 minute a day, more than that you aren't making any progress, only going tired and frustrate yourself out.

Like everyone said give it TIME!!!
Quote by Sachez
I've started guitar for 2 months, and find change chords are the easiest things in play guitar.

But if you could be patience enough and give it time, NOT IN ONE DAY OF WORK, it take more than that.

Try to limit your practice for no more than 30 minute a day, more than that you aren't making any progress, only going tired and frustrate yourself out.

Like everyone said give it TIME!!!

Well I agree that you shouldn't frustrate yourself with something, but I don't think limiting practice time is good, results are achieved with hard work. All you need to remember is have fun, play some songs you've already learned before etc.