i recently bought a schecter C-1 hellraiser w/ floyd rose. i love the guitar and i was trying to do dive bombs on it - that's why i got the floyd rose, and the sound went out at about halfway down. i cant go all the way down on the FR. when i get about halfway the sound is gone. how can i fix this? do i need to just loosen the tension of the strings?
What do you mean "the sound is gone?"

Are the pickups too close to the strings?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You dropped the tension so far that it couldn't make any noise. That's how it works bud. Get thicker strings if you want it to last longer.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by vjferrara
that'll work. i like 'em thicker anyway!!

That's what she said.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
get more springs, too!

but actually, that's just part of a FR. can't really do anything about it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
not too close to the pickups. the tension of the strings is so loose when i go halfway down on the FR that they dont make any sound. i've never had a guitar with a FR on it and i just assumed you could go all the way down on the FR after seeing so many guitarists beat the hell out of them
Quote by atreyurock9
That's what she said.

DUDE!!!! MY BASSIST SAYS THAT ALL THE TIME!!! YOU ARE ALL INSAINE!!!
i am officially a loser now... i think. am i considered a loser because i have sig'd myself? if i am i really don't care.

maybe....
tear...