Hey There!!!
I'm looking for a new guitar, an I need some advices. Ok, I'll start by saying that I play heavy stuff (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth) and I also play solos and clean stuff. I would like to have a guit that will work great with any of these style. This will be my second guitar and it's been 1 year that I play guit. I was thinking about a epiphone SG or a Les Paul, a Jackson DXMG or a Ibanez RG350 or 370. My price range is 300-500$. I would like to have any advice on this.

Peace.
I wouldn't suggest getting any of those. I'd say save your money.
Go get your shovel.
get the esp m-50 i was looking for the same sound a dman did it bring it, its only like 180 dollars too good guitar..

when you get more id recomend putting emg h4's in it it sounds amazing thats what i did
Hello!

Not sure how much help I can be. I've only been playing a week, got my first guitar last week for my birthday. I started looking around about a month before I bought my guitar. You're more experienced so you know more than I did when I started looking. I was looking at an Epi Les Paul or an Ibanez of some kind in about the same price range as you.

I did alot of browsing around online, especially at Musician's Friend because they've got great reviews on the guitars, so you can read what people have posted up about the guitars they bought and own. It's a very good way to get your foot in the door, so to speak.

Once I had a more general idea of what I wanted, I did like you, and came onto the UG forum and posted my question on the beginner board. Everyone was so incredibly helpful, I eventually settled on the Epi Les Paul. Of course I ended up coming home with a Gibson Les Paul instead (my grandmother spoils me) but I went to GC wanting an Epi because from what I'd heard, they are very good beginner guitars.

The other thing you might consider is just going to a local music store that sells guitars and trying out the different ones that you are thinking of buying. That's what we did when I went to guitar center. The guy there that helped us plugged in about four different guitars so that I could hear the differences in each one. I couldn't do that myself because I didn't even know how to play a note at the time. But being able to hear the difference in quality really cinched my desicion for me.

Anyway, hoped this helped some. Probably you are more looking for specs on the individual guitars that you listed and a pros and cons of each one but I am not that knowledgable yet. Still, I enjoy trying to help out when I can.
Ibanez makes a great metal guitar. find one with a set neck, and maybe EMG's
whats the gutiar you have now??
i personally like ibanez the best but if your a metal guy the jacksons probably your best bet...but like syngates said i think youu should save your money. if you get a lower end guitar with a floating bridge on it your going to run in to problems.
and maybe im bias against the epis but for me there not a very good metal guitar there necks are to sticky and they dont have a floating bridge...but thats just my dumb preferences
If i get without EMG, should I put some in it? Because everybody tell my that their pickup are ****...
I would say go for the Ibanez. I have a Ibanez RG320 Ltd. myself, and it's the best guitar i've ever had. The RG series rocks, if you play metal.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 320 Ltd.
Line 6 Spider II Amp 30 Watt
id save up alittle more and get a schecter. or just go with an epi les paul and swap the pickups with emg's or livewire metal.
How bout a good old Jackson JS30**, either a RR (Randy Rhodes) or DK (Dinky) both nice guitars with a wide range of sounds.
"Greased Up Deaf Guy" of the Family Guy Club
PM Jersey_Zombie to Join

Quote by RockinGuitarBoy
hi, my penis is 7cms erected and im 15. is that normal?

Sephiroth of UG's heros and villains club pm Josh999x to join
save a little more and go with the ESP LTD MH-400. It's got a set neck with a mahogany body with a quilted maple top and EMG 81/85 active set.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684
But if you don't have a decent amp save up for a good amp.
Actually schecter has a guitar under $500 with active pickups in it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491
I'm partial to the ESP because I'm more familiar with their products but I would check that schecter out.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Last edited by shredzilla at Jun 29, 2007,
Quote by winterXsolstice
id save up alittle more and get a schecter. or just go with an epi les paul and swap the pickups with emg's or livewire metal.

Yes. Honestly, just save up for a Schecter Blackjack or a Hellraiser. You won't get anything better for that price. Don't get into Ibanez or Jackson until you can spend like upwards of $800. LTD you can get away with spending like $600 and getting a pretty good guitar. Well in your price range, I'd go with an epiphone, but just save your money. You would be much better off.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jun 29, 2007,
Love My Dxmg, Trem works great for divebombs and and stays in tune forever. Rip out the emgs and get some dimarzios and it will wail!!
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by EVHrocks123
get the esp m-50 i was looking for the same sound a dman did it bring it, its only like 180 dollars too good guitar..

when you get more id recomend putting emg h4's in it it sounds amazing thats what i did

Don't listen to him, both these suggestions suck.

But your choices are pretty bad, the tremolo will really kill you. Go with a hardtail Ibanez or Jackson.
Dickless.
Your better off with a hardtail guitar of some sort at this price range; any guitar with a double locking trem of sorts will wear out over time and destroy any tuning stability you have. If you really do need a trem, try an Ibanez S320, the ZR trem is very smooth and reliable.
Yea, try out the RG321. Great guitar after a pickup change. Hardtail bridge though, so it depends whether you prefer this over on equipped with a trem.

Btw, HollyW07, you got a Gibby LP as your first guitar?! *jealousy boiling* Lol...
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Don't listen to him, both these suggestions suck.

But your choices are pretty bad, the tremolo will really kill you. Go with a hardtail Ibanez or Jackson.

**** you i know what im talking about that setup sounds good on any amp trust nigga i have it dont tell me your ****ing stupid
Why on earth did you bring back a 1 month old thread just for that?! And yeah, both those suggestions do suck. The LTD M-50 is made of inferior materials and The EMG HZ H4s aren't as good as active EMGs. And they're around the same price anyway, so its a better choice to go with active EMGs for the kind of music the TS plays.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30