So, what are the main chord progressions used in this genre of music (and to save confusion, i'm talking about killswitch engage etc.)
Basically the band i'm in, seems to be taking a turn in this direction, so I need to know what progressions to use to get the correct sound and so our songs don't verge into other genres
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
i need advice on this as well.

but what I do know is that when you're opting for a certain sound, it might help if you listen to lots of the stuff that sounds like whatever you're opting for or harder stuff, eventually your brain will get used to it and then you'll just need to let your creativity flow and write.
The lowest drop tuning you can achieve.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
the lowest drop tuning is all well and good if you know where to go- otherwise it's like a guitar without strings- fairly pointless
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
This upsets me. It really bothers me that people think they need to follow other peoples chord progressions, which is essentially not even writing your own song, so they can prevent being outside of the box. I can't imagine being in a band that says "we need to not do anything unusual, do typical generic hardcore". Why not just play music, who cares if it isn't typical hardcore?

Sigh..

I hear a lot of 4 5 1 in hxc though. So.. whatever.