Im getting too much feedback noise from my Tele. It might be time for a PUP cahnge, but or now, the guitar is giving wayy too much noise. I can tell its a grounding issue because touching anything metal (IE: Bridge, tuning head) silences the noise. So as opposed to keeping my hand across the strings when Im not playing, how can I ground the guitar properly?
the entire cavity underneath your scratchplate, that should help...
^+1

you can also get copper tape for 10$ and that does the trick nicely
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Would that be the plate with the tone volume knobs and the pickup selector switch? Because the back of the guitar only shows the string holes. Here are some pics:

Yeah, take off the plate with the volume and tone knobs on, and line the cavity underneath with copper shielding tape or shielding paint. If you use tape, it's a good idea to solder each piece to the one next to it, so that nothing moves and conductivity is assured. But you don't have to solder all along each seam: a blob of solder on two adjacent strips of tape is enough.

Also shield the underside of the control plate, and leave a tiny overhang of foil so that when the plate's screwed down, the whole cavity's shielded and all the shielding is in contact with the other shielding, without splurging out from under the plate.

Or just slather shielding paint all over the inside of the cavity and the underside of the plate.

Oh, and here you go: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/tele.php

Now you should be all set. Good luck!
u have a loose ground wire.

it might be the wire running to the bridge from the cavity under the switch plate. or might be a loose wire from the input jack.

there is no way to tell without opening it BUT the easiest one to look at is the input jack.

take off the input plate and make sure 2 secure wires run to the jack.

that's an input jack

and this is a lazy way to fix it...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 29, 2007,
couldnt you resolder the wire easily on to the jack to ground it?... by the way the loop on the wire thats connected to the brige with an alligator clip would be around your finger...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
i tuck it into my waistband. as long as it touches ur skin it will work.

and yeah if it's the input jack that's easy to fix. in my case the wire connected to the bridge fell off and i didnt feel like taking the bridge off again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011