Alright so Im basically trying to find that "sound" that I here in my head when i think of my Guitar playing. These are the pedals I lined up that should make me happy. What you think?

Digitech Whammy-Big Muff Pi-Boss Overdrive-Bad Monkey- Boss Blues Driver-Boss Acustic Simulator-Dunlop Crybaby.

I already have the Bad Monkey, Blues Driver and Crybaby. I am curently working on the other. Any way what do you think, and what would you recomend.
Cut out the Acoustic Sim, they're no good. Not acoustic sounding at all, although it may appear this way if you don't have the most acute ear. You should be all set for your overdrive sounds now with the BD and the BM...now look at something like a delay pedal, that will give you that screaming solo sound, boss is a great avenue to go for that. Then think of something like an EQ pedal to further tweak your tone to what you'd like. Again boss, MXR all make good EQ's at a good price. I can't stress enough the importance of a good EQ, it's essential in my rig now. Also look into getting a tuner, it's so much easier if the tuner's at your feet and you don't have to unplug anything. The whammy is totally personal preference, it's a sickkk effect when you properly use it, but again it's not essential unless that sound is strictly something you love. You also don't need the big muff if you've got 2 OD pedals, thats overkill
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Well, the Crybaby was the first thing I was going to recommend against, but since you already have it... Our problem, of course, is not knowing what sound you have in your head.
Hi, I'm Peter
ooh, ooh! get a new amp first.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
If you cant get the sound you're hearing in your head then the amp is the problem, no getting away from the fact. You can chuck all the pedals you want at it but they won't make things any better. Think about it for a second, you have a pro instrument in the form of a Gibson SG, and a Fisher Price toy for an amp...where do you reckon the problem is?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I changed the speaker in the amp tho if it adds anything. I use the kind that Slash uses, I seen them a Guitar World ad.
I changed the speaker in the amp tho if it adds anything. I use the kind that Slash uses, I seen them a Guitar World ad.

In all honesty that was pretty much a complete wasted effort...won't have made a blind bit of difference. The Spider is designed to be an all-in-one package, they don't react well to pedals so buying a shedload of them is a bit of a waste of money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^^
I have an old Fender amp downstairs, I never bothered to look at what kind tho.
Last edited by HighVoltage559 at Jun 29, 2007,
^^
I have an old Fender amp downstairs, I never botered to look at what kinf tho.

You should really find out y'know....it might be pants but it could be really good. Go find out quick...I'm hoping it's not a FM65. Going by your influences the Spider really is a wrong'un as far as a match for your styles goes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 29, 2007,
It looks like an old Twin Reverb

It's quite easy to confirm this kind of thing y'know....reading the front of the amp is often a good start.

Come on, sort it out...aren't you intrigued to find out if the answer to your tone problems was sat in the basement all along?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Jeez, you've had that sat in the basement and you've been playing through a spider????

the Twin is going to be damn hard to get to break up without walls collapsing, but try plugging into it with the gain (does it have gain, or just volume)...if it's got gain stick that around halfway, if not just have the volume as loud as it'll go. Bass about halfway, mids close to full, treble around 3/4. Stick your blues driver in front of it with the gain about halfway, level to taste and tone ad 1/4. Plug in the SG, neck pickup and see what comes out...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I thought something like that might happen....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

the button is your best friend
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Answer these questions and I'll tell you how old it is:

What is the colour of the amp's control panel (black, silver)? Does the plate (exactly) say "Twin Reverb" or "Twin Reverb-Amp"?
Kind of ironic that you've been playing guitar for who knows how long and haven't noticed a silverface twin reverb thats just been sitting in your house. But if it is true, kudos to you, you've found yourself a great amp. Now here comes the fun part. Only use a wah, OD and mayyyybe a delay, maybe. Anything else on a TR is just no use, the amps tone is amazing, keep it that way. Now for a wah, you should replace your cry baby with something true bypass, look into boutique stuff now because you've got a killer amp. Don't put cheep pedals into a twin reverb. As for OD you should look into fulltone, and for a delay you should look into maxon or the TB ibanez. Don't **** up that amp with garbage pedals.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
you could get the slash signature wah pedal, it's true bypass and has a fasel inductor, good for cleans and distorted tones, but beware it's appetite for batteries, nice score on the amp, maybe try a marshall guv'nur pedal???
Quote by Chad11491
you could get the slash signature wah pedal, it's true bypass and has a fasel inductor, good for cleans and distorted tones, but beware it's appetite for batteries, nice score on the amp, maybe try a marshall guv'nur pedal???

no dont waste money on buying another wah, mod your current crybaby and save yourself some cash.
Quote by Sun-burst
no dont waste money on buying another wah, mod your current crybaby and save yourself some cash.

lol, didn't think about that, crack that sucker open and mod it!!
the crybaby classic with red fasel inductor is the best wah. put your chain like this:

SG (neck p'up tone at 3)->Bad Monkey->Wah->Blues Driver->Twin Reverb(the settings put into the thread earlier)

best blues/ rock setup

edit: for even bluesier tone get a ES-335 or any other gison hollowbody for the authentic blues tone.
Last edited by Knives490 at Jun 29, 2007,
I demand pics.

Things to do...

Mod your wah
Try a Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Try a Boss DD-3
If you need a little more grit from the Twin, try out a Radial Tonebone Plexitube. This pedal does amazing things for really clean single channel amps.

Really, this would be all I would look for. The delay is just a little extra sweetness on the top, but the overdrives will get you some good grit without breaking windows. I tried to get mine to break up, but even with the volume cranked (not just a little bit, I mean turned up all the way to the end of the pot), that som'biatch was still clean. So loud you could see through time.

So again, I demand pics and riddle me this...who's amp is it?
I tihnk its my dad's amp. But he uses The new Marshalls. JCM or something. meh. Any way, how in god's name do I rig a crybaby. And I've been playing for about 3 years now and the whole time this sucker's been down here =[. I haul it up and my dad just looks at me and goes," Hey! You found my old fender, take it, I don't like it."
Go check the gear building and customizing thread for advice on modding the wah. Also, change your sig asap and delete that spider for the fender.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I can't believe you had a Twin Reverb in your basement! This is a heart-warming tale for the whole family.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Pics or it didn't happen.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks