I would like a guitar like a PRS, suitable for all styles but mainly classic rock, older metal. My budget is £1000, are there any other guitar manufacturers that make guitars like PRS but for a smaller price? I like the body shape and the carved maple top, the double cutaway, and the two humbuckers with the coil tap fuction. A PRS CE would be perfect but they are out of my budget. Are there any other alternatives that fit my criteria?

thanks, MM
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
The Carvin California Carved Tops have been said to be better than most PRS models. And you can have more colour and wood options.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
PRS is a nice guitar though, those semi-hollow bodies are ORGASMIC.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
uhh.... try an find a PRS used? im not sure what the exchange rate is to the american dollar, but if your willing to forgoe the shape a little bit, you could consider a gibson perhaps. Doodleface probably has the best suggestion. Carvin guitars are nice.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
The SE custom is the only one I've played and by god it is an AMAZING guitar.
I don't even shred
The exchange rate roughly is 2:1 - $2000 = £1000, but in the case of guitars, they are a lot cheaper in the USA. A PRS CE in the US costs $2000, but the same guitar in the UK costs £1699.
I could import...?
http://ebay.com

Chances are somebody will ship to the UK. I can't imagine it costing more than a 100 or so max.

I know **** about shipping costs though.
I am the Infantry.
ooh if i buy a used guitar from ebay do i still have to pay tax?
These are a bit lower than your budget and you wouldn't be able to try them beforehand, but Agile makes PRS copies. Their shipping policy says they occasionally ship to Western Europe but that anything shipped outside the US/Canada is non-refundable.

You can see them at http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar-ss10.html They're the last 3 guitars on the page.

I wouldn't do it if it were me, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
hey, and yeh just to let ya no, the reason it costs mpre over here is cause we have VAT, insteed of having the tax added afterward annoyuing like like in america!, so yeh $2000+ tax means your only gettin a marginal saving really
but yes it is slighty cheaper, and get a gibson, soudns much nicer ( personla opinion ovi) and you can get so much mnore for your money, plus its much more versitile, you can do rock, metal,. blues ect. everything reli
Quote by Chinomaster182
Schecter c-1 classic fits all your criteria needs.

+1
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
I second the Carvin idea. I have one of Carvin's other models (DC127), and it's amazing. I haven't found any other guitar that I like better, including all the high-end ($1600+) guitars at Guitar Center or my local Attina's Music Store.