Page 1 of 2
Basically iv got up to £2000 to spend on a guitar.

Im lookin for a shred guitar, possibly 7string.

Iv looked at the Rustey Cooley Sig & the Michael Batio Sig.

Its hard to find really nice ones so any ideas are welcome but it has to be a shred/ metal guitar
Member Of The Ibanez RGers Of The World ClubPM silvertoness11 To JoinSEX ON WHEELS
Don't go Dean, please... at least try one first, some love but most hate. Don't take that risk. Try an ESP M or MH.
Personally, i would stay away from signiture guitars.

As you have a wopping £2,000 why not get 2-3 guitars !

Gibson - les paul

PRS - something or rather

I would buy 2 guitars with 2,000 rather than 1 with 2,000
Quote by DieKrupps
Personally, i would stay away from signiture guitars.

As you have a wopping £2,000 why not get 2-3 guitars !

Gibson - les paul

PRS - something or rather

I would buy 2 guitars with 2,000 rather than 1 with 2,000

im more interested in getting a proper nice one than 2 or 3 ok ones and im only sayin £2000 is the limit
Member Of The Ibanez RGers Of The World ClubPM silvertoness11 To JoinSEX ON WHEELS
Ibanez S4170AB and then with the spare cash buy some Bareknuckle Pickups' Nailbombs or Warpigs to put in it + middle singlecoil of your choice. End result = one heck of a shred guitar.
Vigier Excalibur.. fine for shred, just ask Shawn Lane or Ron Thal.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If i was in your position i would get a Caparison, ive been in love with those for a long time but ive never invested in one, they are everyones tastes for shred but i would try one out definitely
Diezel, Motherfucker
Custom made? You have a HUGE range. For custom UK guys, ask someone else.

EDIT: That reminds me, what amp do you have? You need a great amp to compliment a super axe!
Last edited by Mwoit at Jun 29, 2007,
Quote by Doodleface
...just ask Shawn Lane...

Isn't he dead?

ANYWAY, I would probably get an Ibanez - maybe something like a JEM or J-Custom?
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Mwoit
Custom made? You have a HUGE range. For custom UK guys, ask someone else.

EDIT: That reminds me, what amp do you have? You need a great amp to compliment a super axe!

He speaks the truth. Unless you have a nice amp to go along with this expensive guitar, you won't get the most out of the guitar. Mabye split it up, get a nice amp and a nice guitar too! (Unless of course you already have a good amp)
i reckon the first thing i wanna hear is what kind of amp you have.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
iv got a Line6 HD147
yeah, start with a new amp. what kind of music do you play? oh, right, shred. laney?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ill sort out the amp dont worry and i usually just borrow amps from the clubs and bars i play anyway
Get an Ibanez and spend the extra one and a half thousand on a bitchin amp.
Not taking any online orders.
OMGFG HE WANTS A GUITAR NOT AN AMP TELL HIM WHAT HE WANTS FFS!
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
get an Ibanez, either something out of the RG or S series, you wont be sorry. they have great tone and some of the fastest playing necks out there.
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
i say RAN custom.they look hawt
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Dean!!!!!!!!!
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
yeah, but i'm trying to make him happy. an analogy from dave_mc:

if you got on a medical forum and said you had a headache and asked if you should take a bottle of aspirin to relieve it, you wouldn't tell them yes. while it would relieve their headache, it would hurt something else more.

we're just trying to help.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
I say, if you got such a huge wad of cash get a custom piece. I am also going to have to ask it, what do you have for an amp?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
he said a spider. that's when i yelled 'LANEY!'
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
he said a spider. that's when i yelled 'LANEY!'

No he didn't. He said he had the HD147, that's a much more expensive and much better amp than the Spider series. HD147 is actually a good amp, whereas Spiders are...well less said about them the better lol.
ah, my bad. the spider heads are the HD50 and HD75. see where i might have gotten confused?

okay, decent amp. i still wouldn't spend every single penny on the guitar.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Nice lil Encore Strat lol then spend £1950 on beer.
My Gear

Fender Strat 2 Tone Custom Paint
Vintage VRS 100
Zoom 505 Mk II Effects Pedal
Peavey Rage 258 TransTube Amp
Orange Crush Mini Amp
A high end Hamer would be amazing... the steve Vai Jem 7 something or other. I tried one and it was incredible.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Why does that guitar look like it tastes of blackcurrant?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^

I'd consider a Caparison, Ibanez Jem or J-Custom (or maybe a REALLY nice Prestige), a custom by pretty much any small luthier, the 2 Deans you mentioned (well the Rusty Cooley one anyway), a Carvin...

All that I can think of now.

Try before you buy any of them, obviously!
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Page 1 of 2