This should hopefully be the last post of my ongoing amp saga, I need some one to recomend the best.... well you read the title you get it, oh and it has to be at least 100 watts.
Theres no need to start 2 threads on this, go and read the advice in your other thread.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
there isn't a good one for that budget.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
1. Why do you think you need a halfstack?
2. Why does it need to be a hundred watts? Tube is much louder than all those SS crapstacks you're looking at.
3. Your budget is way low to get any good halfstack.
There ya go! Ignore all the advice given you in your last thread.

I'm sure your $600 halfstack'll look real cool. Sound like sh!t, but look real cool. Go with the Marshall. It says "Marshall" on it. Super-duper cool.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
We went over this on your last thread.
You don't need 100 watts. See if you can find a good used tube combo in the <50 watt range.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Well if you cant afford a better halfstack than what $601 will buy you then you dont need one. It would be better if you bought a combo instead. Or SAVE some money untill you got at least a $1000 give or take to spend on a cheaper tube amp. Like a peavey valve king im gonna get one in about 3 months.
Last edited by The_Rooster at Jun 29, 2007,
For everyone who see's these threads every single goddamn day

*Smacks head on desk*

There's LOADS of threads about it
^ I know, I need extra buttons on my keyboard that paste in generic responses such as:

"MGs are crap"
"You don't need a 100W solid state halfstack"
"40W tube combo is louder and sounds better than said halfstack"
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Threadstarter

YOU ARE COMPLETELY WASTING YOUR MONEY, YOU DO NOT NEED A HALFSTACK AND YOU STILL WONT EVEN CONSIDER A TUBE COMBO

If you dont listen to us, we cant help you

any questions?

if you dont want to listen to us, please get the MG and tell us how ubeR C0oL aNdZ LoUdZ it IZ@!%()@*% cuZ zOmg #)(&^# U WiLl OwNz Da MarShall #)(*^#)^(!!!!!
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

For the love of god dont get the mg, try and get a second hand tube head and an older second hand cab! DO you even need a halfstack? what about a used marshall dsl401 combo? although im not sure of how much they go for in the US
Quote by the_negro_puppy
DO you even need a halfstack?

December 3, 1991

this kid is 15. Id bet my ass hes not in a gigging band. He probably wants to look cool. Im 15 and I have a Fender Blues Deluxe, sure he looks cool, but I sound a lot cooler

EDIT: threadstarter, talk to jman007_93. He didnt listen to us on an amp recomendation, he will tell you the rest
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Jun 29, 2007,
A solid state half stack is nothing but a PENIS EXTENSION
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Obviously you arent going to listen to 30+ people on here who know what we're talking about, so i have an idea.

Order it. You probably havent ever played a tube amp so you probably won't notice anything "crappy" about the amp. But, one day, you'll hear something, and be like "woah, what was that?" and you'll walk in on somebody playing a 15 watt tube combo.

I used to have an MG, i didn't see anything wrong with it really. Then i played a Fender Pro Junior at the guitar store. I hated the MG from then on.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by Chinomaster182
Everyone knows that looks > tone

Therefore get the mg halfstack.

please GOD i hope that was a joke
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Axeman99

'Tis truth. Halfstacks are basically the most unnecessary things ever. I mean, back in the sixties they were kinda needed by the rock groups of the day, but now? Pete Townshend plays with Fender combos. 'Nuff said.
Why start 2 threads on the same subject if you won't listen to ANY of the advice anyone gives? Or are you just trying to find people who agree with your choice so you'll feel better?

People keep telling you that tube combos are louder than all the sh1tty SS halfstacks, do you not believe them? These guys know what they're talking about (well, most of them, anyways). If you get the MG *shudders* or Crate halfstack you'll regret it. And I'm 99% sure that you don't NEED a fucking halfstack, SS or tube (very few people NEED a tube halfstack, only professional players who play BIG shows). Fuck.

People are trying to help you from wasting your money. PLEASE take their advice.

TUBE COMBOS I suggest:

Peavey Classic 30
Marshall JCM 2000
Crate Palomino
Orange Rocker 30 (if you have the extra $$)

+ a good overdrive pedal if you need some heavier tones.

Good luck. *sigh*
Last edited by flamingmarble27 at Jun 29, 2007,
^ rly. the question is would you rather have groupies coming up to you after the show, or 40 year old men telling you how good your tone is.
Quote by Axeman99

lmfao, sigged.

That's hilarious. But so true.
Dean Razorback Explosion
Fender Strat
Traynor 80w 2x12 (All tube)
Bad Monkey OD
Crybaby Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

Quote by Axeman99