Im so sick of genre's. "Their metalcore", "No you dumbass, their hardcore/deathcore", "Both of you are wrong...obviously they are grindcore". I just dont give a crap anymore. I mean, if you like it...jsut listen to it...you dont have to like something or not because of what god-damn category its in. I dont know if im sick of everyone complaining about what genre a band is or how many f ucking genre's there actually are. Im just voicing my opinion and am curious as the what the great UGer's have to say about this. Do you like all the genres? are you tired of hearing people bash about genres? or Could you care less and are pissed caused you just wasted 5 sec. of your life reading this thread?
Thanks Guys,
~Chris
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
There's no such thing as Metalcore, it's a redundancy. All Hardcore is somewhat metal. But Hardcore/Deathcore/Grindcore do exist. If you can't tell just ask the band or look on their myspace for what they say they are.
I like the genres, because when someone says "we're hardcore or metalcore"
I will know to stay away.
Genre's simply divide music into catagories, and subcategories so it is easier to find music that you like or that is similar to the music you like.

I don't really pay attention to them unless I am looking for new music to listen. I listen to music from all over the spectrum. Don't dwell on what Genre a Band/Composer/Song is in. That will do nothing but limit you.
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
PM RIC4003 or timmEH to join