The only thing i found close to a shoegazer thread was some shoegazer band threads, so heres one about all shoegazer bands. If you're just starting out listening to shoegazer go buy these albums!

Nowhere - Ride
Souvlaki - Slowdive
Loveless - My Bloody Valentine (this album is said to be shoegazer at its best)

those albums are what i started out on. any one else have any others to add?
obviously jesus and the mary chain psychocandy
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
On Fire - Galaxie 500
Does anyone else listen Galaxie 500? They were really influnetial to the whole shoegaze and slowcore scenes. They're one of my favourite bands but nobody really mentions them round here.

But here are some of my favourite shoegaze bands (that haven't already been mentioned)
Swervedriver
Chapterhouse
Spiritualized
Catherine Wheel
Quote by sponj
obviously jesus and the mary chain psychocandy

how could the threadstarter forget?
and it's Shoegaze, i think.

Autolux. And possibly Blonde Redhead.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
SPACEMEN 3.

Check out Methodrone by the BJM. its a little shoegaze i guess.

I also have a J&MC cd ummm Honeys Dead
Alison's Halo, Loop, Chapterhouse, Spiritualised, Catherine Wheel, Swervedriver, Lush, Curve, Bethany Curve, The Swirlies, The Telescopes, The Nightblooms, Lilys (In The Presence Of Nothing era) early Boo Radleys, The First Verve album - All pretty crucial.

More recently The Fleeting Joys are flying the flag of the early 90's scene.

I'm not being facetious but I probably know the most about Shoegaze here and those bands (Aside from Ride and MBV) are key, Psychocandy was an influence on the Shoegaze scene, it's not a shoegaze album, and Galaxie 500 are more of a Slowcore band, but great nonetheless.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Any fans of the Drop Nineteens here?
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by BeastinHeat
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/40473-kevin-shields-mbv-will-100-make-another-album

I don't know how many people have heard this new so i thought i'd put it out there!

New rumors crop up every couple of months, all of which are pretty unfounded or give no idea as to when any reunion/new album/remix/remaster/nudes of Bilinda will materialise.
Quote by YourLastAffront
Any fans of the Drop Nineteens here?

my little friend keeps talking about them. worth checking out?
recommend me some lesser-known shoegaze bands (eg sianspheric, blind mr. jones, relay, highspire, the emerald down)

Quote by Avopeac
my little friend keeps talking about them. worth checking out?

i dont know about national coma but the album delaware is definitely one of the better shoegazing albums

edit: actually... if yourlastaffront is the most knowledgeable here about the shoegaze genre, then it might have been pointless for me to ask for recs huh? bearing that ive heard of every band he/she has named except for alison's halo and the fleeting joys. oh well
Last edited by grave at Jul 1, 2007,
Delaware is awesome, you should definitely check it out
Quote by grave
recommend me some lesser-known shoegaze bands (eg sianspheric, blind mr. jones, relay, highspire, the emerald down)

i dont know about national coma but the album delaware is definitely one of the better shoegazing albums

edit: actually... if yourlastaffront is the most knowledgeable here about the shoegaze genre, then it might have been pointless for me to ask for recs huh? bearing that ive heard of every band he/she has named except for alison's halo and the fleeting joys. oh well
I was naming some of the better known bands, but shoegaze itself can only go so far, would you like me to delve into the lesser known depths and pass through Dream Pop? I'm not sure most people who's only experience of Shoegaze is Loveless would like it, but I reckon you should give it a try. I'll come back when I haven't just woken up.
The Radio Dept. are an awesome shoegaze-y band. I add the "y" because they drift in and out of it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by YourLastAffront
I was naming some of the better known bands, but shoegaze itself can only go so far, would you like me to delve into the lesser known depths and pass through Dream Pop? I'm not sure most people who's only experience of Shoegaze is Loveless would like it, but I reckon you should give it a try. I'll come back when I haven't just woken up.

please do delve into lesser known depths - but without passing through dream pop
Quote by Caustic
The Radio Dept. are an awesome shoegaze-y band. I add the "y" because they drift in and out of it.

Lesser Matters is a great album.
anyone know where i could download songs from On Fire by Galaxie 500. i can't find anything from it on limewire
Quote by BeastinHeat
anyone know where i could download songs from On Fire by Galaxie 500. i can't find anything from it on limewire

learn to use share groups and blogs.

they're the hipster's best friend.

if only there was a place to find such sites....hmmm...

www.shareminer.com works for me.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
On Fire - Galaxie 500
Does anyone else listen Galaxie 500? They were really influnetial to the whole shoegaze and slowcore scenes. They're one of my favourite bands but nobody really mentions them round here.

I listen to them and I have On Fire.

Funny story, their drummer was roommates with Conan O'Brien at Harvard and the drumset he plays was originally Conan's until he decided he didn't want to play drums anymore and then Conan gave it to the drummer.
Sent from my iPad.
I've only heard true shoegaze from My Bloody Valentine. True shoegaze songs include "All I Need", "Moon Song", "To Here Knows When", and "Cigarette In Your Bed".
Quote by paintITblack39
I listen to them and I have On Fire.

Funny story, their drummer was roommates with Conan O'Brien at Harvard and the drumset he plays was originally Conan's until he decided he didn't want to play drums anymore and then Conan gave it to the drummer.
Get 'Today', it's the best album they did.