my friend just called me and told me some company just bought guitar center or something for like 19 billion dollars, has any1 heard of this? i guese he said they are gonna change the guitar center chain to whatever the company bought it is?

edit: i meant 1.9 bil, forgot the .
Last edited by fender1618 at Jun 29, 2007,
It's called Google and it was for 1.9 billion.

EDIT: I don't mean Google bought it. I meant for him to use Google to look it up.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Last edited by aixelsydevahi at Jun 29, 2007,
Your friend needs a life if he called you to tell you something like that...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
google says: they sold guitar center to some stupid like not guitar company
no guitar center?! where am i supposed to buy stuff. or wish that i could buy it.
stupid sluts
Quote by fender1618
my friend just called me and told me some company just bought guitar center or something for like 19 billion dollars, has any1 heard of this? i guese he said they are gonna change the guitar center chain to whatever the company bought it is?

19 Billion?!?!?!? Yeah right.

If guitar centre was worth 19 bill. I'd kill mayself. The only reason it is even worth 1.9 billion is because of all the property that is under their name.

I hope these new owners can turn this store around. I have never been fond of GC. IMO, not a smart investment.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
=[
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by Sid McCall
Your friend needs a life if he called you to tell you something like that...

well #1 yea we go to guitar center for fun, we dont have a life unless you count music , but thats not a big life and #2 he was wondering if they may have a going out of buisness sale

Quote by We'realltoBlame
Private guitar stores ftw!

private stores are sweet, my one friend knows this guy at private store because he goes there alot, and they guy gives him like crazy discounts, he bought a epi sg for like a squire and 20$ and the guy told him he would sell him a 800$ gib for 300$, unfortunatly the only local guitar shop i know of is this ****y place, with this old guy who overprices everything, and sells rusty strings, he's a fag, he sells squires for like 300-350, and trys to sell 15-30 watt amps by saying, "yea its pretty loud, you could play some big gigs with that"
Last edited by fender1618 at Jun 29, 2007,
Quote by bendystraw
musiciansfriend.com owns it anyway ( not literitly though)

Yeah, and musiciansfriend.com just did an overhall on their site.

What company bought 'em out?
PM me to join
Quote by billythexninja
what does that mean

It means what it says. Bain Capital, a private equity, leveraged-buyout firm, bought out Guitar Center. They get a large loan, buy companies, and repay the loan with the income from the company.
NO!!!! now i cant go in for hours on end and play instruments i will never buy...if this is true it is a very sad day
jacksons rule
What aren't you people understanding? It was bought with the intention to bring in profits for the buyer. Why would they shut down such a lucrative source of income?
Guitar Center Just Got Owned!

Last edited by Vornik at Jun 29, 2007,
Quote by MakinLattes
What aren't you people understanding? It was bought with the intention to bring in profits for the buyer. Why would they shut down such a lucrative source of income?

True, GC was named one of the best stocks in the NYSE for 2006.
PM me to join
Quote by MakinLattes

i asumed it was bought by another guitar company and was gonna stay guitar stores just with diff names, so its just gonna stay guitar center or something? just under a diff owner? man no blow out sale
Quote by goldbuddist
gown? wtf?
retard much? lol

Not much, a bit.

You spelled Buddhist wrong in your user name, by the way.
retard
Yep, they're getting rid of all their guitars in a bonfire, and selling Saxophones instead.

You know, because Saxophone completely owns guitar in every way.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Wait, is guitar center still going to sell guitars or is Bain going to contort them into something else?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...