Hey I just got a bass with active pick ups, its the EBD 400 Ibanez and I was wondering something. Is there anything wrong with putting the bass into the passive jack in my amp? Will it do any damage? I was just thinking about this because the bass seems louder in the passive jack.
What amp do you have? I've never heard of active and passive jacks. I've only heard of active/passive switches and buttons that change the sensitivity.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I just got the SR500 from Ibanez w/ active pickups. I'd imagine that it wouldnt do any damage to anything, but i keep mine in the low input. Do whatever sounds better.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Its just a laney combo amp with two inputs, one being passive the other being active.
Nope.
All the active input does is lower the volume a little bit.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
should be fine... unless the electronics in that jack aren't made to support the extra signal.

But being Laney i'd expect their stuff to be of good quality so i'd imagine you're just fine either way.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
the switch normally cuts the input power by 6db to keep the signal from overdriving the amp. if the speaker crackles or breaks-up, while your playing in the passive input, then speaker damage could occur. your really bypassing a feature designed to protect your amp. procede with caution.
Why not use the active input and turn the volume or gain up a bit more?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Chunky_Lover
I just got the SR500 from Ibanez w/ active pickups. I'd imagine that it wouldnt do any damage to anything, but i keep mine in the low input. Do whatever sounds better.

I'm pretty sure the SR500 has Bartolini MK1s, which are passive with an active preamp

It won't hurt your amp at all for normal playing by the way. You may want to watch at high volumes though. Also, check to see if the input is permanently padded, specifically for this cause. Check the decibel rating on the padding, too.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I have an Ampeg with passive and active jacks, and I play my active through the passive jack for the same reason. The active jack is only there in the rare case that your bass' signal is too strong for your amp. If you hear a real bad electronic-buzz when you play, than use the active jack.
see ive got a Ibanez sr505 and an fender amp wit both an active and a passive input and it works fine in either one