Oh sweet jesus:

Also recently acquired a Turbo TubeScreamer, it's not too bad. Next to the Big muff and my wah.

and in case you were wondering, this is what I look like in a bonnet:

It's a Fender "Evil Twin", also known as just a Twin.

100 watts of pure sex, but it has this wonderful 1/4 power switch to turn off a few tub es and make it 25 watts.

The clean tone is godly, crisp, clear, like a bell, the reverb makes angels have orgasms from crying. The drive channel is pretty damn awesome too, it nails that vintage plexi (yeah, I know it sounds crazy) tone, perfect for Cream, The Who, Zeppelin, and The Rolling Stones, and for me!

I was really torn between going all the way for a JCM, or getting a Twin Reverb with a good pedal, this is right in the middle and does both sounds great.

The only issues are:

So fucking heavy, 85 lbs!

Pretty noisy when it's clean and you're not playing (many I've tried were, guess it's just the model), but I don't really care.

The damn tremolo doesn't work! I knew that when I bought it, but I let it slide because I got this amp without paying cash (traded the Deville, and the $250 i was owed from selling my firebird.) and the deville wasn't doing too well

And finally, this amp is very transparent, it really lets my SG shine through, which is great, but it makes my Epi sound like a piece of driftwood

Sorry for the bad pics, had to use my phone, if anyone wants any more info just let me know.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Last edited by hamish5178 at Jun 29, 2007,
pics fixed
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Grats!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
and if anyone has any ideas about the tremolo, that would be nice, it just does nothing, no matter where the intensity and speed knobs are, with or without the footswitch on or plugged in. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

it might be the tremolo tubes. i believe the twin uses a tube to run the tremolo. check'em out.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
it might be the tremolo tubes. i believe the twin uses a tube to run the tremolo. check'em out.

That's what I was gonna suggest.

It does nothing at all? Not even a faint sound of tremolo? I have three old amps with tremolo, and they all have it where it's almost imperceptible, but it's there. Sucks, 'cause I like tremolo. Not such a big deal 'cause they're all ancient amps, and I have an AC30 with solid tremolo.

If it's not a tube, it's worth taking to a tech to have it repaired. I mean, if you use it.

And you look very British in your bonnet.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It's not crazy that it sounds Plexi-ish, since the Plexi was based on Fender architecture. Nice amp. I'm more of a Bassman guy myself.
Hi, I'm Peter
Happy New Amp Day! (Twins own).

However, drive channel and Twin do not belong together. It sends chills down my spine.

I'm just playing. Congrats.
Nice amp! I know it's nowhere near that, but my Blues Jr. is on the way.

I've never played the "twin"...only the twin reverb. 100 Watts though? Daaaamn, that could kill someone.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
That's odd, I heard that you HAVE to have the footswitch plugged in to get any response from the onboard tremolo but since even with it it's not doing anything for you i dunno.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
I have to say this after seeing the bonnet pic.

"'Ello Guv'nah!"

NIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCE pr0n..... How did you get the bigsby on the LP, did it take a lot of work?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Lightitup
Nice amp! I know it's nowhere near that, but my Blues Jr. is on the way.

I've never played the "twin"...only the twin reverb. 100 Watts though? Daaaamn, that could kill someone.

nice. another new amp day coming up lol. nice choice on a BJ.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Damn!! My friend has one just like it.

Loud as hell.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
yeah, with the footswitch plugged in it didn't work so I took it out, even though I knew that you needed it for it to work, figured it was worth a try.

Maybe I have the wrong kindof cable for the footswitch? That was just what the guy I bought it from gave me. . .

And yes, there's nothing at all, no matter where the settings are, I can't even convince myself to hear tremolo xD

edit:

Ah yes, everyone loves the bigsby xD

It was about $130 new on ebay (was a gift) for a nickel american made B7, not a licensed Asian die cast one. Installation with a standard setup was $120, but it could easily be done at home if you can measure it right, and drill through the finish.

Overall I really like it, enough to want one for my Gibson (if they looked good on SGs, I don't think they do) but I'm considering getting a Long Vibrola for the SG once I'm sure I'm settled with it.

They stay in tune pretty poorly if you use it heavily, but if you use it for light vibrato, with a good setup and stringing you can make it through 3 songs before retuning. if you go bat**** crazy on it (like I do) you'll need to switch guitars or tune between the next song. Also, if you feel the guitar going flat, you can start to use the Bigsby more in the other direction and you can get it back up to pitch, it's pretty odd but I manage to do that sometimes.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Last edited by hamish5178 at Jun 30, 2007,