i've been playing for about 6-7 months now and im currently using a squier p-bass with ernie ball hybrid sliky strings. im thinking about changing my bass guitar once i reach the one year mark. what would you guys recommend for me? im interested in getting in a bright sounding tone like mark hoppus but i dont think i will be able to get his signature cause of the price and its rareness over here. im thinking maybe a fender? any suggestions? i would appreciate it if you told me what string,pickups, and amp settings as well. my budget is around 400 us. thanks again.
Uhh.. Im pretty sure the Hoppus sig is a p bass, so... a Fender standard p bass? I mean step it up if you have the cash, but if your a little low, then the Standard p.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
his signature bass is a jazz bass with p bass pickups

edit:check out ebay for fender p basses or jazz basses. i think the jazz basses have a brighter tone.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
sorry.. forgot to state.. i play fast songs at the moment ( blink-182 , new found glory) will getting a jazz bass affect anything? i heard its pretty heavy.
It's got a thinner neck so you might be able to play a little faster. Precision basses are pretty much the quintessential punk bass so I'd get a standard Fender p-bass.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Last edited by aixelsydevahi at Jun 29, 2007,
If you can get another $100 together, I'd say get a Deluxe P-bass. You get the jazz/p-pickup combo that the Mark Hoppus bass has, and it's also active, and has the thin jazz neck.

I know it seems a little biased because I recomend it a lot and have one myself, but it really is an awesome bass
deluve p-bass? i like the sound of that. i will take a look when i go bass hunting.. thanks
fender jazz
squier modified vintage
epiphone thunderbird
schecter stiletto
warwick rockbass
spector legend
fender deluxe precision special

i recommend those.....depends what kinda sound youre after and stuff...
Desolation hasn't read the thread again

He has a Squier and the Schecter, Spector, Warwick and Epiphone aren't going to sound anything like the sound he wants.
i posted alot of them......he can get that sound out of a jazz bass or the fender deluxe special with ease.......... the others was if he was willing to look for something different...