Do you guys think it would be a good idea to build a guitar with parts from Warmoth, or do you think it would be too difficult to do it?
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
it should not be too difficult to do. although it will be much more expensive than from scratch.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Hmm I was considering also to build a Epiphone Firebird from Warmoth parts. Although it would be fun and pretty cool that i built it myself it really wasnt in my price range. It was going to be $300 more even without painting it. It would cost another $200 for them to paint it also.

God Bless,

Phil
But would it be cheaper than buying, say, a Gibson? I was planning on painting the guitar by myself.

the hardest part is painting, imo.

it's more expensive than getting a guitar u could buy with similar specs off the shelf.

what guitar are u looking for? what style for what type of music?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by FMNStratGuy
Hmm I was considering also to build a Epiphone Firebird from Warmoth parts. Although it would be fun and pretty cool that i built it myself it really wasnt in my price range. It was going to be $300 more even without painting it. It would cost another $200 for them to paint it also.

God Bless,

Phil

How can you BUILD an Epiphone? Epiphone is a brand. Do you mean you want to build a Firebird that is like an Epiphone? You can just say Firebird. Because several companies make firebirds, and if you order all the parts, you're putting your own together so how could it possibly be an epiphone?

Anyway sorry for ragging I just had too.. Anyway, I aggree with JJ. Painting it is the hardest part. But if you have them paint it for you, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of buying a body from warmoth? If you were gonna do that, get a pre-painted body from ebay for much cheaper, and there's bound to be something you like. I paint my guitars myself though. It's a long process but effort makes it come out the way you want, just google stuff.

And in response to the thread poster, I wouldn't use warmoth parts. If you're gonna do it, get everything from ebay. Just make sure the scale matches for the neck and the body. It'll be way cheaper than warmoth, and there are tons of ebay stores that have EVERYTHING. So yeah, have fun
Possessed? Of course I am.

Quote by Demonikk
^^Apart from the MGs :P
They just drop outta Jim Marshall's ass
I've never seen an Explorer body on eBay.

GREENEDIT: Found one.

Can somebody give me a complete list of parts that I would need?