Page 1 of 2
why the people around me dont like the emo is that because of their style of music or just because the want to say he dont like emo like the other . it make me **** because its normal people like you see on the street ?

I just want know who dont like emo and why ?
learn grammar
and dont spamalot (<--good musical by the way)
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
because emo people bring sadness upon them. i mean it's like a depressing aura or something. so i tend to beat on them before i cut myself. also music sucks.
Last edited by ZombieModeRocks at Jun 29, 2007,
^^ agreed - learn to speak/type - then we'll list whats wrong with emo although it might be much easier and quicker to list whats not wrong with it
theres nothing wrong with emo music its just that some of the emo people take things to seriously and usually dont actually have anything to complain about.......plus those tight pants are kinda.............nasty looking on guys.
Quote by jetfuel495
its cuz its a new fad, and new fads are always hated by someone. nothing else. when metal rolled around back then, alot of people didnt like it cuz they thought it was satanic. eventually black metal rolled around.

i cant wait for black emo to roll around

what?

on topic:
plenty of people like emo. sadly, it's the scene garbage that makes up 90% of the topics on this board that most people hear...and that's what they make out to be emo.
the music sucks but not because of the content usually, more in the way its portrayed... i mean look at songs like 'fade to black', 'nutshell' or something like 'soma' or 'today'... they all kinda deal with pain, isolation, having noone there for u etc but its not in a "oh pitty me, you dont know what its like to be me, i have no real problems so im going to overreact to something to look like im deep" sense. if you want to overreact to not being able to get laid, have trendy clothes, get your makeup just right and threaten to cut your wrists you're just an attention seeker trying to be different (by ironically conforming with another trend)... get some real issues before crying about them.

and i just finished reading the dirt my motley crue.... tight pants were around long before emos the difference is you'd never hear nikki sixx ask if his ass looked big on stage....
some of the music is fine. and personally, i dont care how you look. but its the attitude of the "emo kids", i cant stand it when people complain over little things. i mean if you life really "sucks", go do something about it. dont sit there and complain.
Quote by webbtje
I'd give myself buttsecks, because I have a small penis.

www.myspace.com/southeastexit
My Band. Check it out.
its metal/electronica
Quote by illusionist89
the music sucks but not because of the content usually, more in the way its portrayed... i mean look at songs like 'fade to black', 'nutshell' or something like 'soma' or 'today'... they all kinda deal with pain, isolation, having noone there for u etc but its not in a "oh pitty me, you dont know what its like to be me, i have no real problems so im going to overreact to something to look like im deep" sense. if you want to overreact to not being able to get laid, have trendy clothes, get your makeup just right and threaten to cut your wrists you're just an attention seeker trying to be different (by ironically conforming with another trend)... get some real issues before crying about them.

and i just finished reading the dirt my motley crue.... tight pants were around long before emos the difference is you'd never hear nikki sixx ask if his ass looked big on stage....

Way to completely fuck up the definition of 'emo' and confuse it with scene. Furthermore, you continued to define scene kids on stupid stereotypes that idiots like the guys who created the emo song helped to create and convey. Your post reeks of someone who has no idea what the hell they're talking about.

To the people who will bash the fashion sense of scene kids. Just shut the hell up, it's none of your business what anyone decides to wear.

Edit:

Quote by Southeast Exit
some of the music is fine. and personally, i dont care how you look. but its the attitude of the "emo kids", i cant stand it when people complain over little things. i mean if you life really "sucks", go do something about it. dont sit there and complain.

My favorite type of hypocrite. I've heard people complain more about scene kids than I've heard scene kids complain about anything at all.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Jun 30, 2007,
It's a matter of a musical style earning respect and popularity proportional to the amount of time it's been around.

Secondly, people hate how the music creates a trend with clothing. So many girls follow the trend and don't listen to the music. Most guys who do one do the other.

Thirdly, a gap is bridged in the scene when people at metal shows are seen wearing emoish clothing. I don't care that much, but it's frowned upon

Lastly, and this is an annoying aspect of the sub-culture, is the dancing/moshing style that looks completely retarded and spawned out of some lack of knowing how else to dance/mosh. I went to a Kataklysm show and the assholes took up the entire floor with their stupid arm flailing and awkward movements. Then a few of them started going around aggressively pushing people who were trying to stay away from the area.

Emo can go ahead with its music and clothing styles but metal heads don't like how it intermingles into their own space.

However I do find the perspective that the music is about being depressed and cutting yourself to be overstated and wrong. That's one thing people need to stop saying because it really doesn't make any sense.
Quote by ZombieModeRocks
because emo people bring sadness upon them. i mean it's like a depressing aura or something. so i tend to beat on them before i cut myself. also music sucks.

Please name some Emo bands for me.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by jetfuel495
its cuz its a new fad, and new fads are always hated by someone. nothing else. when metal rolled around back then, alot of people didnt like it cuz they thought it was satanic. eventually black metal rolled around.

i cant wait for black emo to roll around

Black Emo? Son, you just negated any hopes of your post even being considered intelligent with that last statement.

A new fad? The Rites of Spring were formed in 1985-1986. "The revolution summer" was in 1987. Although I doubt you're well-informed enough to know about any of that stuff, or consider your lack thereof as a cripple before you go and shoot your mouth off towards a subject.
Quote by illusionist89

Motley Crue; The linguists of modern-day music.

"Emo" is not a word to be used as a noun (unless referring to the music/idea). There is no such thing as "an emo." Stop using the term as if it is so.

And I can't believe you just used Nikki Sixx as support towards your argument; A man who is too busy re-applying his makeup and thinking about how hot of shit he is to even care about playing his instrument or making decent music.
fenderfreak your awesome.

Emo doesn't stand for emotional.
It stood for emotive hardcore, as in emotive hardcore punk rock.
nowadays,
mtv, fuse, and the media have bastardized the genres name by making a bunch of alternative rock, pop-punk, and indie bands "emo", since bands like MCR, Hawthorne Heights, and Fall Out Boy seem to be going along quite well with this lable under their belts. Its all for the money. None of these modern "emo" bands are actually that genre. Its simple labeling and bastardization for money, and stupid teenagers who dont know crap about music fall for it.
And so, it become a trend. And since half these "emo" kids live that whole lifestyle that their bands describe, others hate it that they arent realist. I hate them for that, and for the fact that they dont know **** about the real emotive hardcore.

Therefore, I don't call them "emo" kids or "emos". I call them scene kids. Because its just one sad pathetic false scene of music. Now, dont confuse them with scenesters though, because thats a whole other topic.

I don't hate emotive hardcore fans, I hate scene kids.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
because emo people are pretty much posers, all the emo girls from my school ALWAYS wear bands shirts from hot topic, I asked a girl what her favorite song was by the band on her shirt and she didn't answer cause she didn't know any, and the emo guys always wear girl pants and have their hair to a point where you have to move it out of your eyes every two seconds, that's why people don't like emo
why would you look at the dark side of life? those people need to stop being pussies and maybe see how some people live in less rich countries where you cant even get enough food or medicine or something. by rebeling against human trends they think they are being cool which is a human trend. the whole idea is riddled with hipprocosy
Quote by bendystraw
the whole idea is riddled with hipprocosy

That pretty much sums up my response to you.
Quote by ZombieModeRocks

I absolutely love emo, and I don't try to be depressed... besides, how is City Of Caterpillar sucky music?
First let me say that I know that emo has been around since the late 80's. I know about emo and I listen to a few emo bands and some that have been called emo. But it hasn’t been mainstream until more recently. If you go a year or two back nobody at my school knew the word "emo" except for the kids that were into music. Now everyone knows emo and the call kid’s emo, who aren’t even emo. That’s why emo is a fad. All the other fads that have come and gone may have also been around for 20 years too, but until mainstream society knows about it, it isn't a fad.
The reason people don’t like emo is first because it is cool to hate emo. Most people who hate emo haven’t heard enough of the music to hate it. They've heard that it sucks and it’s not cool to like it. If you ask anybody who hates emo why they hate it, they will say "because they cut themselves. I don't think people hate the music, they hate the scene, and because the music is associated with the scene, they hate it too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
No it doesnt, they don't really know about emo, so they call whoever fits the sterotype emo.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yep element knows his stuff
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

Quote by ChrisForce
fenderfreak your awesome.

Thanks
This is the thing that upsets me about these threads. The people with knowledge only defend the music. I'm not part of the modern 'emo' scene, but I think the fact that people treat these scene kids with such animosity is fucking pathetic. If your life is so warped and you're so bitter that you have to spew hatred towards people who dress in ways you consider strange I think you're the one who needs to reevaluate your life. These kids haven't caused anyone harm, and are often subject to stupid stereotypes, and unfounded attacks. The truth is it's probably rooted in some insecurity about scene kids' social status. So whether or not the music (new 'emo') is shit is your opinion, but seriously shut the fuck up about scene kids and their lives and mind your own business for once. Also, it'd probably be beneficial to keep your opinions on the music to yourself as well as the people who bash it generally have no idea what the hell they're talking about.
Quote by ChrisForce
yep element knows his stuff

thanks

Quote by NGD1313
This is the thing that upsets me about these threads. The people with knowledge only defend the music. I'm not part of the modern 'emo' scene, but I think the fact that people treat these scene kids with such animosity is fucking pathetic. If your life is so warped and you're so bitter that you have to spew hatred towards people who dress in ways you consider strange I think you're the one who needs to reevaluate your life. These kids haven't caused anyone harm, and are often subject to stupid stereotypes, and unfounded attacks. The truth is it's probably rooted in some insecurity about scene kids' social status. So whether or not the music (new 'emo') is shit is your opinion, but seriously shut the fuck up about scene kids and their lives and mind your own business for once. Also, it'd probably be beneficial to keep your opinions on the music to yourself as well as the people who bash it generally have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

i agree. im not part of the emo scene either, but i listen to a couple of emo bands. its really sad when you have to pretend not to like a band because you're afraid of ridicule from your friends. i try not to judge an entire group of people based on a select fews actions
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Jun 30, 2007,
Quote by NGD1313
scene kids

your one of the few who've used that phrase.

congradu-****ing-lations
seriously though, i dont come around that very often.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

I don't hate emo, I hate hardcore pop-punk. I hate Hawthorne Heights, I hate Fall Out Boy, I hate Fuse. Emo, as it's already been stated, started in the 80's. I love emo, but I hate when a term that I use to describe my musical interests gets tossed around with my buddies as an interchangeable term for whatever is on MTV2.
Counter Point: I go home and jerk off.
I once had a very close friend who considered herself "emo". I, being the Iron Maiden/Megadeth/Black Sabbath fan that I was then and still am now, didn't share in her taste of music, but I didn't hate it either. I just accepted it and that was that.

However, as her transformation into the emo scene began to be complete, my grandmother (whom I was very close to) and my grandfather both died of cancer within a year. And furthermore, just a few months later my own father was diagnosed.

Bottom line, I'd reach out for her for help in my grief, and she'd proceed to shrug it off and cry about how her "parents don't understand her". And when I confront her about it, she'd just turn and cry about how I don't understand her. Well, she was right in a sense, I understood my old friend, but I sure as hell didn't understand this person she had become.

Its just, she had never been like that before. I literally saw her change from someone who was very sensitive to others and always willing to listen and give encouragement, to someone who only was sympathetic towards her own problems. She was always the victim. The only thing that had changed in her life was her music, so what else could it have been?

I can't help it. When I see the emo scene I see a bunch of kids who think they are all a bunch of poor helpless misunderstood victims. Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't, but my own personal experience tells me that that music is bad for you.
Quote by Jonnybin123
I hate hardcore pop-punk.

lmao. hardcore?

more like mallcore.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

Last edited by ChrisForce at Jun 30, 2007,
Quote by Ray011
Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't, but my own personal experience tells me that that music is bad for you.

That's another problem with today's "emo" scene, suddenly, the more depressed you are, the cooler you are. My understanding of emo music is that it helps you get through hard times by relating with someone else. When a girl listens to Hawthorne Heights though, suddenly she's given the image that because you can't see your boyfriend, you should kill yourselves. That music is bad for you.
Quote by ChrisForce
lmao. hardcore?

more like mallcore.

Hah, when I said hardcore, all I could think about is that gutteral screaming sound that apparently is hip with the kids these days. That was a mistake.
Quote by Ray011
I once had a very close friend who considered herself "emo". I, being the Iron Maiden/Megadeth/Black Sabbath fan that I was then and still am now, didn't share in her taste of music, but I didn't hate it either. I just accepted it and that was that.

However, as her transformation into the emo scene began to be complete, my grandmother (whom I was very close to) and my grandfather both died of cancer within a year. And furthermore, just a few months later my own father was diagnosed.

Bottom line, I'd reach out for her for help in my grief, and she'd proceed to shrug it off and cry about how her "parents don't understand her". And when I confront her about it, she'd just turn and cry about how I don't understand her. Well, she was right in a sense, I understood my old friend, but I sure as hell didn't understand this person she had become.

Its just, she had never been like that before. I literally saw her change from someone who was very sensitive to others and always willing to listen and give encouragement, to someone who only was sympathetic towards her own problems. She was always the victim. The only thing that had changed in her life was her music, so what else could it have been?

I can't help it. When I see the emo scene I see a bunch of kids who think they are all a bunch of poor helpless misunderstood victims. Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't, but my own personal experience tells me that that music is bad for you.

You seriously think that it was music that caused her transformation? Maybe it was the raging fucking hormones that have made teens feel like the world was against them for pretty much ever. Don't be so naive.

Edit:

Quote by Jonnybin123
That's another problem with today's "emo" scene, suddenly, the more depressed you are, the cooler you are. My understanding of emo music is that it helps you get through hard times by relating with someone else. When a girl listens to Hawthorne Heights though, suddenly she's given the image that because you can't see your boyfriend, you should kill yourselves. That music is bad for you.

If a person seriously kills him/herself because Hawthorne Heights said he/she should, then he/she was a ****ing twit to begin with, and it should just be considered natural selection running it's course. Usually people who are depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts have more serious problem than what kind of music they listen to.

the only way for you to be a non-conformist is to dress like us and listen to the same music we do.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Quote by Jonnybin123

Yeah and although its hard for me to see listening to music like that to get through hard times, seeing as I use Megadeth X], I do realize its helpful for alot of people. It just... seems to backfire sometimes...
Quote by NGD1313
You seriously think that it was music that caused her transformation? Maybe it was the raging fucking hormones that have made teens feel like the world was against them for pretty much ever. Don't be so naive.

Woah man chill the funk out. Seriously, look at the lyrics of these bands, and compare the to the behavior of the scene kids. Sure, teenage hormones sure as hell feed the fire, but the crap that just pushes it is the whole music and culture in general. so calm the funk down cause music has A LOT to do with that kind off stuff.

And Ray, man i feel you.
My bestfriend Alejandra was, just, an amazing person. She meant a lot to me, and i can relate, because she ended up changin too.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

Last edited by ChrisForce at Jun 30, 2007,
Quote by NGD1313

Yeah I know it was the music. I was very close to her during those "raging ****ing hormones" times. This was recently. We weren't 13. Nice try.
Quote by ChrisForce
Woah man chill the funk out. Seriously, look at the lyrics of these bands, and compare the to the behavior of the scene kids. Sure, teenage hormones sure as hell feed the fire, but the crap that just pushes it is the whole music and culture in general. so calm the funk down cause music has A LOT to do with that kind off stuff.

And Ray, man i feel you.
My bestfriend Alejandra was, just, an amazing person. She meant a lot to me, and i can relate, because she ended up changin too.

I'm yet to hear an 'in' scene band talk about depression to the point of suicide. Barring Hawthorne Heights' "Ohio is For Lovers" which doesn't even necessarily support suicide just cutting.

Edit:

Quote by Ray011
Yeah I know it was the music. I was very close to her during those "raging ****ing hormones" times. This was recently. We weren't 13. Nice try.

Yes because your hormones stop affecting you for the rest of your teenage years following your first wave of puberty.

Just out of curiosity, what scene bands does your friend listen to?
Page 1 of 2