Well i like playin bass and i was wondering wat song i should learn next and i thought wat was hardest. If this helps any sum of my favorite tabs taht ive learned are Laid to rest, the light that blinds, bat country, and walk (a must have), so yea and i was wondering if i should get a schetcher bass i have a five string squier right now and if u guys have any recomedations(sp?) then yea let me kno.
rock on,
mat
Quote by mthw_allen
Well i like playin bass and i was wondering wat song i should learn next and i thought wat was hardest. If this helps any sum of my favorite tabs taht ive learned are Laid to rest, the light that blinds, bat country, and walk (a must have), so yea and i was wondering if i should get a schetcher bass i have a five string squier right now and if u guys have any recomedations(sp?) then yea let me kno.
rock on,
mat

Well first off, the only song on there thats true Metal is Walk.

I would start learning Nile, Dream Theater or Slayer for starters.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
try some Atheist....they arent certainly beyond your skill level

after mastering that, try Necrohagist, Dream Theater, and Blink 182
Mudvayne has the best bassist in metal. Yes, I'm sure all you 80's ass heads are going to post five hundred thousand posts here saying that mudvayne aren't "true metal" and that I'm a f*g or some kind of stupid sh*t like that, so eat me. Just cause it doesn't sound like your pappy's music doesn't mean it's not metal.

As for recommendations for a new bass - ESP makes some quality stuff. I'm partial to Warwick, but they're REALLY costly.