yea so here is the low down. the amp i got now is a piece of ****. It was great when i got it but it sucks now. So im looking for a new amp. Im in to hard rock music. and im in a "hardcore band" screamo type deal like the devil wears prada, Bless the fall type deal. i got a epi les paul standard which is a great guitar for me. And i currently have a boss Me-50 guitar multiple effects pedal system. So i would like some ideas for a new amp. I would like somewhere close to a 100watt cause we wil lbe doing shows in the near future and besides that fact i need to be heard at practice. But i will absolutely will not go over $500 i would prefer much less then that. more around $400 so please give me an idea.
RG100ES.

Wonderful amp. Probably can find them on ebay for $150-$200.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
I want to say a Carvin SX200, well only because it is 100w, I play similar stuff and its about my budget. I plan on buying one.
a marshal stack will do just fine if you got the bank
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
This isn't the advice your looking for, but I wouldn't cheap out on an amp if I was you.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by The*Music*Man

did you bother to read the budget? It's like one third of the price of a marshall stack.

Maybe some loud crate piece of garbage to hold you over? Or you could just save up and get a decent amp with a couple hundred more dollars.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by The*Music*Man

hahahahahahaha dude besides jessica simpson in my bed there is nothing more on this earth i want than a marshall stack lol. but until i get a job which i could but im lazy its out of reach.
I'll second the Randall suggestion

Some of the best 'cheap' solid states around
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
a used peavey classic 3o or a used fender blues junior plus an od pedal should do you for what you want.great amp and i love the tone, so see what you can find used in your local shops + ebay.
Used peavey XXX combo. Or a beat to hell 5150/6505 combo.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by jof1029
a used peavey classic 3o or a used fender blues junior plus an od pedal should do you for what you want..

I don't think those will have enough gain, plus theres a good chance they won't be loud enough if this guy has a loud band.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I don't think those will have enough gain, plus theres a good chance they won't be loud enough if this guy has a loud band.

Wait I thought about it but what if that OD pedal was this?

Edit: Would that work with the Fender Pro/Blues Junior, to get those sounds?
Last edited by crash_course at Jul 1, 2007,