Warren Zevon kicks ass! I mean he's got everything I could want in a singer-songwriter and more. I just realized when I put on Excitable Boy this morning that we don't have a Zevon thread! So go ahead and talk about the great music of this late legend.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Love him! Excitable Boy is a classic record but I like Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School and the heartbreaking The Wind just a little bit more.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I love the humor in his lyrics, kind of black humor sometimes, like in 'My ****'s ****ed Up'.
Quote by Cptbeefheart
Love him! Excitable Boy is a classic record but I like Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School and the heartbreaking The Wind just a little bit more.

What did you think of The Envoy? At the time I didn't like it, but now I think it's great.

Quote by Kartman

I enjoyed it when I heard it. Not one of his best records, but very good.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

^ Yeah, I haven't heard 'The Wind' is it any good? Does it stand up to 'Excitable Boy' or 'Warren Zevon'?

Quote by Kartman

I think it does, especially when you consider the conditions he wrote it under. The duet with Springsteen is particularly strong on that record.

^ Cool, I'm going to order it off Amazon this week after I get paid.

Quote by Kartman

No, he isn't all that common. But I'm sure you have at least heard Werewolves of London.

^ Yeah, he's sorta like a more rocked up version of Bob Dylan or something. Really great lyrics, always with a touch of humour.

Quote by Kartman

all i've got is the song "when johnny strikes up the band" and its alright. not too good, not bad though.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
^ Look up 'Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner' or 'Hit Somebody'.

Quote by Kartman

Alright, so I haven't heard all that much of his music, but today while channel surfing, I came acrosss a Kid Rock song that completely jacked the Werewolves piano riff.

What is the world coming to?...
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
If you haven't heard the sonic masterpiece known as Desperados Under the Eaves I suggest you drop whatever you are doing and listen.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!