Listen to the Demo "Dreamer"
Found at: http://www.myspace.com/heartshed

It sorta reminds me of Underoath (Guitar) and I always wondered is there a certain way there playing to compose songs like that? Like slides and open sorta chords it sounds like to me, Even if you dont like that sorta music and you know what he is doing please help me out.

Intro: 1-12 Seconds

So yeah, basicly I just was wondering if anyone can listen and sorta tell me what they are doing in this intro, id appreciate it alot, and sure alot of other people will want to know once they hear it aswell!

Thanks!
Last edited by burrrandon at Jun 30, 2007,
okay.
salot of open hammer-ons in drop D and ...dang i forget the name, i belive its dissionant or something but its a chord with a note (say A) and the second is one step above (A#) they overuse them (underoath) IMO

edit: CHORDS USUALLY ON THE B AND G WITH AN OPEN E
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Chromatic is the word your looking for Dissonant means 2 notes/chords w/e dont harmonise well. I havnt listened to it Im just guesn from what lu4 says.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

hey thanks guys, appreciate it.

is there anyway you can give a tab example? id really appreciate it and get it more, i think i get what you are saying but, just think i can understand if i can see it.

yeah, also if you do , end up doing that what sorta stuff should i look on UG for, chromatic? if i can get some words on what to search that be rad, thanks
Okay well search chromatic to learn more about. Check out the intro of Master of Puppets for some chromatic playing, especially the 2nd, 3rd and 4th chords...
Quote by cakemonster91

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

I just realised that he wasn't talking about consecutive notes, my bad. Ignore all my advice then :P But look at chromaticism anyway its used alot in metal.
Quote by cakemonster91

wait so now that im supposed to ignore it, what am i really supposed to be looking at? i will take a look at chromatiscm too but yeah? did you happen to listen to the song yet?
Okay since i screwd i've litened to the song for the first time, and it sounds abit strange to me with the gutiar parts swapping over like like that and i dont like it much but anyway... I think they seem to be be following the age old formula of palm muting a few notes, usually open E or A, and then playing a few. heres an example:

E 
B              5 - 5 - 5
G              4 - 4 - 4
D              
A 0 - 0 - 0 
E 

I don't have a gutiar with me atm but that's the feel I get off the song, tbh most metal bands use the palm mute then note sequence, check out KSE, Trivium, Slayer etc. This band dosn't really sound like them, more screamo and the chords are higher pitched but its the same theory behind it. Also try some different chords not just power chords, like Edwin said try using a dissonant chord...
Quote by cakemonster91