so.. earlier i posted a thread asking what people thought of me modding my squier strat.. because i heard it was a horrible idea.. but apparently it isnt.

so. heres my 2nd question what about putting emgs in my hss strat? would it sound pretty good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMG-KH20-KH-20-PRO-Kirk-Hammett-FACTORY-SEALED-NEW_W0QQitemZ170124839479QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41427QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heres what i wanna put into it
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
dont waste money putting emgs into your squier. You might as well get another low end guitar. How about a cort evl x4?
Sigs are too hard to think up
Quote by the_crimison
dont waste money putting emgs into your squier. You might as well get another low end guitar. How about a cort evl x4?

whats that.. =S all i wanted to do is make my strat sounds better than it already was and i already have a pretty sick guitar.. but itd be cool to have a good backup
Quote by kirkisking

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
Quote by kdog215
whats that.. =S all i wanted to do is make my strat sounds better than it already was and i already have a pretty sick guitar.. but itd be cool to have a good backup

What is the body made of?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Try not to put EMG's into too light a tonewood, otherwise they'll end up sounding really brittle. If your strat is alder, try an EMG 85 or 60 in the bridge, instead of the 81. I would only ever use the 81 in a thick, mahogany body, and with heavy strings.
alder
Quote by kirkisking

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
****.. actually its Agathis
Quote by kirkisking

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
How is the rest of the guitar? Do you feel its worthy of these expensive pickups?

If the bridge, trem, nut and tuners are junk... then there's no point in putting nice pickups on it. Many Squiers have a tendency to have cheap hardware. Upgrading said cheap hardware has a huge impact on the sound quality of the guitar, regardless of what people say about the Squier name meaning it must be worthless.

If you haven't changed the nut already, do that first. Next for me is the bridge and/or tuners.

Then I start swapping pickups from there.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
If you already have a nice guitar and are just modding this one to make it better, I think some Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio pickups would sound better with that kind of wood. Some good humbuckers would be the Seymour Duncan JB or the Dimarzio Super Distortion, but there are millions of them out there.
Quote by kdog215
****.. actually its Agathis

I wouldn't do it, you need a really good amp to use EMGs to their full potential, and by the looks of, you don't have a good amp, there is nothing really wrong with the wood, I don't see why so many people hate Agathis, it's actually really mellow, almost like basswood if you ask me. But just save up, get a new amp and then replace your pups with EMGs.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I put an X2N in a guitar thats agathis and it sounds pretty tits. It's all up to you if you want to put the EMGs in your squire. If you don't like it, then just take them out.
alright thanks... i do with i got, sell my mg and look into a decent tube amp like a peavey
Quote by kirkisking

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man