could anyone tell me how much a piece of mahogony or maple (big enough for a guitar body ) would cost me in the uk?
and also where would be the best place to get it.

i'm sorry if theres already been a thread about this.

thanks
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Go to your local wood store.. we have mark leaders up where i am.. and enquire about prices etc
does anyone know if places like b&q or other large diy chains sell these woods, ( at a reasonable price i mean ), i'm probably going to get mahogany, also could anyone tell me how much they paid for thier wood for thier own custom build?

thanks
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
B&q probably sell it, but it'd cost you more than going to somewhere not as big.. and knowing b&q if you wanted a specific piece ordering in they'd probably charge you for it there
does anyone have a rough estimate ?
i wanna get crackin on saving up
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Any Help On Places / Sites In The Uk Would Be The Biggest Help To Me Right Now, Preferably A Not So Expensive One .
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
www.luthierssupplies.co.uk

A great place. Haven't ordered from there yet, but spoken to the owner on the phone about a problem I had. Really helpful guy.

The site gives the most common woods he gets asked for and the range in price for a 'normal' size and quality bit, though he can get the bit to suit your price range and needs.

For example, I asked if he had bubinga, (it wasn't listed) and he said he had a load, and could get enough for my needs, from £60-100 depending on how figured the wood was. They do have about every wood I've ever heard of and more, and if they don't have it, he said he could get some in anyway, thhough it may be a bit expensive.

Great site.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
thankyou so much gm_jack and tubab0y those sites are a great help, thanks
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT