hey all
i have a problem. a guy who works with me was defragging his laptop(without a battery) when he knocked out the power cable. he hasnt been able to enter the password screen of WindowsXP since. im using techiez toolkit to see if i can fix the problem but im gettin nowhere. the NTFSCHCK program says that there is an error. Would i be right in saying thaat his hard drive is busted? or can the problem be solved?
Thanks for the help
Co-Founder of the Jackson RR24 club. pm me or i buy peace for details

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads flying v
Richwood semi-acoustic
Soon to be customised Jackson Soloist copy
Roland Micro Cube
Roland Cube 60 (LOUD!!)
Zoom 505II effects pedal
bump
Co-Founder of the Jackson RR24 club. pm me or i buy peace for details

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads flying v
Richwood semi-acoustic
Soon to be customised Jackson Soloist copy
Roland Micro Cube
Roland Cube 60 (LOUD!!)
Zoom 505II effects pedal
Its probably busted. System restore, and if that fails, you'll have to buy a new hd.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Its probably busted. System restore, and if that fails, you'll have to buy a new hd.

Lol, wtf buy a new HD???

Anyway, I don't think this has to do with the defragging. System files usually aren't moved while doing so.
Quote by Freddedonna
Lol, wtf buy a new HD???

well, yeah!

defragging moves files around on your pc. if you switch it off during that, something is bound to go wrong. It can also damage the actual hard disc.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
well, yeah!

defragging moves files around on your pc. if you switch it off during that, something is bound to go wrong. It can also damage the actual hard disc.

Yeah, but as I said, it doesn't move around system files.

BTW, you could try to reboot with your windows CD in the drive and try the repair option. Maybe that'll work. If it doesn't, format and reinstall windows. This should do the trick.
Either use the built in repair tool, or wipe the hard drive i recommend wiping the hard drive, would be much easier.