Hey.

A few days ago i got a Washburn X40 Pro guitar with a schaller trem and Two Seymour Duncan Pickups (SH6 and SH1 59' Reissue with Push/pull coil split).

LOVE the 59 Reissue, but the SH6 could have been better. The Sh6 is really more fit for Modern Heavy Metal and rock than Early eighties.

So i wonder if i can replace the Sh6 with a EMG 89 without replacing the 59 reissue?

I want to keep the Coil split
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
I don't think mixing brands would cause troubles. Mixing passives and actives is another story.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
No, but if you mix active and passive pups, then you'll need two volume pots.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Darnit, This Guitar has only one Volume knob and One tone/pushpull knob.

The pups are passive...
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
It should be okay, provided they're both passive.

You could have passive and active pickups in the same guitar, but it would not be wise to use them at once. (Pickup selector in the middle position.)
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
But i often use middle position when using push pull!
Any good passive pickups for an alternative?
DiMarzios....Maybe a Norton or a Super Distortion. Maiden used Super Distortions, as did Kiss if that's the sound you are looking for. Maybe even a Tone Zone. Check out their site...
EMG passives dont get many good comments, try the DiMarzio D Activator, that is meant to be like an ative pickup but is passive.
Also try the super distortion and tone zone too.
^ Too bad they suck (the Hzs not the Dimarzios).

I recommend getting the Seymour Duncan SH4 JB. Its lower output then your duncan distorsion and it does 80s stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Guns stuff very good and it takes the coil split also very good.
i 2nd the JB. lots of people say its kinda bright.. i find it more low mid range and dark.. but thats probably because i was using an invader before that.. :P

I love my JB. chunky and lets all my notes come thru with clarity.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
DiMarzios....Maybe a Norton or a Super Distortion. Maiden used Super Distortions, as did Kiss if that's the sound you are looking for. Maybe even a Tone Zone. Check out their site...

Good calls - the EMG 89 would be even further away from the TS's needs. The Norton is probably Dimarzio's best kept secret - if you want to stay with Duncans then look into the Custom 5.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Duncan i got now... It Lacks of Bite and Rawness. If i Really Tweak the amp, Adding much treble and scooping the mids, I can get a good tone. But compared to my old Les Paul 100, the SH6 pickup loose ;(
The Distortion is quite trebly and also I'm guessing fairly modern sounding so the tone will be kind of compressed - great for scooping and modern stuff but it sounds like it's not raunchy enough for you. The Custom 5 would definitlely be a much better match for you, also the Dimarzio Norton.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
when you replace one pickup (i.e. neck pickup) are you supposed to match the output or resistance or what? I need a neck pickup that will play nice with a bill lawrence l500xl
Dean from Hell
Schecter Avenger
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Peavey Ultra Plus
Rivera 412 w/ Celestion Vintage 30s