sooo thy time is upon ye, my drummer hast decided to move away from thy evil electric drum kit and into the realm of wood.

so yah... what drumkit would you reccomend for under £600 and he's open to second hand. kinda random but meh. oh and he says he wants. atleast 4 symbals.
double bass pedals

ty... WE PLAY METALZZZ0R5 BTW
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
4 cymbals will run you quite a bit. Find a second hand shell pack with enough toms for your liking. Then dress it up with some quality skins (better learn how to tune them) and then buy your hardware, hi-hats, and cymbals. This will cost you quite a bit though. At least $1000, which is how many pounds?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
^^+1 oops..that's at guitarcrazy
LimbLifter is the best band in the world! and they're Canadian .
You're never gonna get a good pedal or good cymbals WITH a set, unless it's used and been pre-set-up.

A pack of your 4 typical cymbals of decent quality is gonna run you about 200$ USD.

A good double bass pedal is gonna run you 200-300$ USD.

And I can't suggest any sets until you specify how many pieces.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Look for a second hand pearl drum kit and get a double bass pedal.

I agree. I love Pearls. Another good choice would be a Ludwig.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by TehNez
You're never gonna get a good pedal or good cymbals WITH a set, unless it's used and been pre-set-up.

A pack of your 4 typical cymbals of decent quality is gonna run you about 200$ USD.

A good double bass pedal is gonna run you 200-300$ USD.

And I can't suggest any sets until you specify how many pieces.

most generic drum kits are always 5 piece.

My advise if your going to be playing death metal, is get your drummer to buy a **** old kit, anything, and buy a good bass pedal and cymbals.

ebays, your friend
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Look, it's not about the make of the shells, it's about the skins and how they are tuned. My kit is an old CB that I bought used for $150 CAD. When I got it home it sounded like crap, but I replaced the skins, batter and resonant, with Remo heads (coated 2-ply on batter, clear 1-ply resonant) on all the drums and tuned them all to my liking and now it sounds ****in beet. Then I found some used Sabian B8 hats, a new B8 14" crash, and a cracked zildjian turkish cymbal that works quite well as a ride.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
^ (To Dixon) True, but 5 piece can be 2 tom toms or 1 tom tom and 2 floor toms. There's so many combinations out there, especially when you consider that he's going to be playing metal.

On a budget, I'd suggest looking at some ddrum kits.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ddrum-Diablo-Punx-5pc-Drum-Set?sku=444818

They come in all variations of pieces...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by Muphin
Look, it's not about the make of the shells, it's about the skins and how they are tuned. My kit is an old CB that I bought used for $150 CAD. When I got it home it sounded like crap, but I replaced the skins, batter and resonant, with Remo heads (coated 2-ply on batter, clear 1-ply resonant) on all the drums and tuned them all to my liking and now it sounds ****in beet. Then I found some used Sabian B8 hats, a new B8 14" crash, and a cracked zildjian turkish cymbal that works quite well as a ride.

Not true. Wood, porting, even the holes made by the mounting screws all change how the set sounds. That's why many people prefer floating/suspended sets.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
get a really nice set with no cymbols and still use the elec cymbols for the time being. then every month save up for a new part cymbol or not for your kit.
Quote by TehNez
Not true. Wood, porting, even the holes made by the mounting screws all change how the set sounds. That's why many people prefer floating/suspended sets.

Alright, so don't pick up a full new set that costs $300

What I'm saying is there's no need for an expensive Pearl or Ludwig set. Just go down to the music store and ask if there are any used kits available.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Alright, so don't pick up a full new set that costs $300

What I'm saying is there's no need for an expensive Pearl or Ludwig set. Just go down to the music store and ask if there are any used kits available.

That would be fine if the kid was a beginner, but from my understanding he's not. He already knows what he's doing.

No one said he had to get a Pearl or a Ludwig, I personally despise both of those brands. In fact, I haven't argued with you about sets:price range at all, so I have no idea what you're rolling your eyes over. All I said is your totally overlooking sound quality, which shouldn't be the case even if you are a beginner.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
When I started playing 4 years ago, I got a standard 'Tama' kit with Sabian cymbals, the bass drum needed stuffing, but once that was done it sounded - and still sounds - fucking awesome.

That set me back about £475. You don't need to splash out a huge amount on a kit.
Quote by TehNez
No one said he had to get a Pearl or a Ludwig, I personally despise both of those brands. In fact, I haven't argued with you about sets:price range at all, so I have no idea what you're rolling your eyes over. All I said is your totally overlooking sound quality, which shouldn't be the case even if you are a beginner.

And I'm saying that any real drum kit will sound great with the right heads and tuning.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
And I'm saying that any real drum kit will sound great with the right heads and tuning.

That's deffinatly not true, but if you wish to believe so...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
you cant go wrong with pearls or yamahas,

i think pacifics are good too?
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Look for a second hand pearl drum kit and get a double bass pedal.

+1