k so i have been listening to way to much necrophgist lately and decided to make a wee tech death song. i came up with these 2 riffs today i know theyre not as technical as necrophagist stuff but they sound good i think and are fun to play.

i think im goin to structure the final song like stabwound (With the mini solos) when i get some more riffs organised. i could play these riffs faster but then the solo would end up being too fast for me so i think this is as high as i can go tempo wise.

so tell me if theyre any good or should i just stick to what i know best.

Attachments:
death.zip
Last edited by ch715dallat at Jul 2, 2007,
well pantera wasnt what i was goin for tbh i dunno where you got that from. dont think ive ever heard a pantera riff with sweeps in it but thanks anyways

sounds good. cant wait for the finished product and hopefully there will be some SWEET harmonies
I won't call it TecDeath until I hear the drums behind it (they are far too integral a part in the genre).

As far as the riffs themselves go, they are quite good, they flow well, and have a "catchy" element to them. I'd vary the arpeggios at some point, just for the sake of variety... perhaps use the same chord (or an extension of it) in a different voicing (or something).

Oh, and please, DO palm mute those open sixth string notes.

Overall, good job, keep it up.

Best of luck.
Quote by leo_p8
I won't call it TecDeath until I hear the drums behind it (they are far too integral a part in the genre).

As far as the riffs themselves go, they are quite good, they flow well, and have a "catchy" element to them. I'd vary the arpeggios at some point, just for the sake of variety... perhaps use the same chord (or an extension of it) in a different voicing (or something).

Oh, and please, DO palm mute those open sixth string notes.

Overall, good job, keep it up.

Best of luck.

i will palm mute them open strings i just dont bother doing them in GP cos it takes time lol

and yeah on the drums thing, i dont have much experience in this genre but ill try make some good drums until then we'll just call it death metal as im not that technical lol
I threw a few more riffs into it there no while i was messing about. this is in no way the arrangement of it these are just a few ideas im playing about with. as i say, i dont write stuff in this genre so. any pointers are good. also these sound alot heavier, faster and better on guitar
Quote by buckethead_jr
Double post

shut up you nazi

anyways its not a song its just some riffs.
I wouldnt really call it tech deathmetal its not really tech enough.

I like all the riffs except "riff 1", it just sounds kinda of lame to me. It would be cool if there was a fill or something between 41 and 42. And I think the riffs sound better at like 220ish bpm.
meh, i can play the riffs at 220 but i would be really pushing it to sweep at that speed im only playing 1yr 3months. a fill at 42-43 sounds good to me

Riff1 i actually think is alright. it sounds weak in this but playing it it sounds good. also that isnt the exact timing of the sweep so it sounds better. although i might change it up if i can think of something. definitely need to make alot more riffs tho.
What you have sounds good. It would be really cool with drums asnd bass, maybe even some synth.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Well, man this is good. Although the intro is lame imo. It;s just kind of boring by itself, like maybe you could throw in a little mini solo behind it, or a more complex structure.

Riff 1 is ok, not great but not terrible, just kind of mediocre. Try to do something deiiferent w/ the chugga chugga notes on the e string, like in bar 15 and man , I will be damn impressed if you can actually play that arp cleanly after playing for only 1 year, cuz I can't even play it . Still sounds good.

Riff 2 was kind of mediocre too w/ the little rests, fill it w/ some pm'd notes maybe, although I liked bar 24, you should harmonize that little part, and it would sound even better.

Riff 3 sounds pretty good, I liked the abrupt stop in bar 41, it fits suprisingly well.

Try to harmonize some stuff in riff 4 using like minor thirds or octaves, it would make it sound even better.

The solo = . I'm sure you're working on it though. Like maybe you could do some sweep taps (hard ****), and use the harmonic minor scale here.

Overall, you've got a good start, but man, now you've inspired me to write some tech death riffs . It's good stuff so far bro, can't wait to see it when it's finished
thanks man, yeah i can play that sweep nice and cleanly, ive been practicing sweeps alot lately. and yeah these are just the basis of a few riffs some will be scraped some will be added to and i hope to write plenty more. ignore where i wrote solo, i just put a riff there lol. didnt really think about what id do for a solo yet but sweeps will be a plenty and in A Harmonic Minor. need to get alot more riffs and more technical ones too.
lies man lol, you are better at everything else lol, you obviously havent been practicing sweeping thats all. and yeah i was working on some more technical riffs today. im just goin to keep amassing them then later in the week pick the ones that sound best and throw them together. im finding it hard to make chords that sound right for this type of music but they either sound too dissonant or to happy
Yeah, I know what you mean about the sudden change to techdeath. A lot of the riffs were really good, but a couple were so-so. That second riff was definately my favorite, the sweeps were very good. I'm guessing this was just a bunch of riffs together and not meant to be a song, because the transitions were definately choppy, especially the pauses. It has a very classical feel to some of the riffs (perhaps a bit too much for death metal), but it fit. Good work, just needs to be arranged.
yeah theyre just some rough riffs that ill change about and improve and whatever. once i get a pile more ill start arranging them and making transitions better and whatevr.